my son wants to make my music portable
Nov 1, 2010 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

auradud3

100+ Head-Fier
he is in the military, and knows about my obsession with sound, if you wanted to get the best portable player to connect to your auto system, mine is the advanced infinity system inn the new jeep wrangler what would you get, the ipod seems like the no brainer, but i know a player like the hifiman 602 would be better, what are your opinions? thanks

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 6
I used my HM-801(line out) today in my car sound system and fed it with 24 bit beauty.  It sounded a lot better than the cd player feeding it, that's for sure.

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #4 of 6
sounds good, keep the comments coming, i have to give my son the info so that he can get going on the puchase, usually i dont use a portable device so i lack in that area. thanks

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Honestly, in a running car you aren't going to be able to tell the difference between an ipod and a hifiman, what with road noise and other sounds.  Improvements, if any, would be attained through better speakers.

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Yep cars are HARDLY ideal listening places - so just keep it simple and don't bother falling into the "I need the best sounding device on the market!" trap. In your situation, take it from me - it's not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back