My slice of headphone listening heaven: I may have found an ideal amp for the AKG K1000
Aug 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #16 of 22
Thank you so much for sharing your heart rending story! And let me just say:
"Oh dear god no!" Did you have to wait a whole 3 working days to get shipping confirmation from UPS on the first shipment?
frown.gif

Honestly, some people these days. [size=xx-small]<rolls eyes>[/size]

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #17 of 22
The seller told me the amp would ship last Friday. I never knew the first amp was actually picked up by UPS on July 31st until it was delivered to my door yesterday on August 7th. Then I got conflicting information from the seller. First he said the amp wasn't picked up on Friday, and the next day he said it was. So which is it? He agreed with my concern about the tracking status because he was seeing the same thing I was. The seller said he didn't know what happened and no one could tell from the tracking information...because there was none. THAT is the point.

How long would you wait after receiving a tracking number before becoming concerned when no carrier pickup confirmation appears in the tracking information? What would you think if you called the carrier and they told you that they do not have the package? When I am sending thousands of dollars to someone I really don't know the fuse that burns to the point of concern is rather short. I think the length of time I waited before raising concerns with the seller was appropriate and if you disagree then get over it. It wasn't your money at stake. The only regret that I have is suggesting to the seller that this was making me a little suspicious...but at no time did I ever accuse him of any wrongdoing.

If anyone else wants to take issue with how I handled the situation with the seller then PM me and I will deal with you offline.

--Jerome

Aug 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 22
Whoah Jerome. Chill bro...

He was having fun with you, not making fun of you.

More music, breathe, gaze on the amp, enjoy...

Aug 8, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did it arrive with all the tubes installed? It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of room in that box for the tubes.

All of the tubes were installed except for the 101D. They were very well protected with moderately stiff foam surrounding all of the tubes in a block that the tube cage fit over perfectly. The amp and tubes were extrememly well packed and secure.

--Jerome

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CAn someone describe the sound of the Omegas? Does it have a large sound stage and disappear like the reports describe?

Yes and yes - at least in my set-up which is nearfield. I listen primarily to jazz using both vinyl and CD. Dealing with Louis is like dealing with a friend. He is very open to questions and even design mods. He made me a custom sized sub to my specs. He is a joy to work with and the finishes are beyond reproach!

JP

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #22 of 22
That amp is beautiful. I know that everyone has said the same thing but I had to agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back