My Shanling CD T-100 finally arrived!
Apr 26, 2002 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
I am very excited. My player finally arrived (I am at work) and I can`t wait to get this baby back home and burn her in. I will post a substantial review with pictures after 2 weeks of burn in. Please let me know some specifics that I should cover as well as any specific shots I should take.

Apr 27, 2002 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 18
This is the first link. Although Music Hall is the US distributor, they do not rebrand this as an MH product.

I have been burning this player in now for about 4 hours. My wife likes it. That is a VERY good sign.

I can't really say much except that I am blown away by the look of this thing...the build quality is top notch....and the sound is marvellous. I was using a portable before...ANYTHING would be better than that. I have to say that I was robbing myself before listening to my RS-1s with a pcdp. This player extended the audible range extensively. The RS-1s responded in detail like my Ety 4P/4S do. I am interested in hearing this thing with my etys...just not yet. I am having too much fun with my Grados to stop.

Apr 27, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

The Shanling CD-T100 is a tubed High-End Chinese CD player that uses the CS8420 sample rate converted chip for a 96kHz sampling frequency, the second-generation PMD-200 24-bit/96kHz for HDCD decoding and four paralleled PCM1704 as main DACs. The most unusual design element is the top-mounted tube output stage with four transformers that not only drives the analogue outputs but also powers the headphone jack. The Montreal show priced the CD-T100 at $3,000 Canadian. With the current exchange rate, this could translate into a $1,500 - $1,800 US price. Interested readers should contact the company for more details.

shanlingcdt100c.jpg

Is this what you have?
eek.gif

Holy crap, that's a good looking source!

Apr 27, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 18
that is indeed the player I have...and it looks even better in person. all are welcome to my place for a look and listen!

next up...the headmaster and moth....

Apr 27, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #11 of 18
At Audio Asylum, they've known about this player for some time. But, yeah, it looks INCREDIBLE! I haven't heard it yet, so I'm not going to make any comments about its sound . . . but tell us what you think!

Apr 27, 2002 at 5:11 PM Post #12 of 18
Zanth do a tripple threat shootout with Cary CD-303/200 and Arcam CD92.
smily_headphones1.gif
Tell us what you like of each and what you don't like. Then tell us your favorite of the bunch and why.
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #13 of 18
Congrats on the cool cdp. I was recently considering a Sony SACD player, but now have my heart set on a Cary 303/200 (with motorizer vol. pot). Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till the end of summer.
frown.gif

Keep us informed on your trials and tribulations.

Apr 27, 2002 at 5:50 PM Post #14 of 18
I can do a shootout between the 303/200 and the CD92 but I don't know anyone with the 306/200, though that would be cool. I can try to find some other people with some nice cd players, but I may be limited, and I don't want to crate this thing around too many times. I really only want to do it once. I did compare this to a Linn Sondek and a Classe omega sacd. The Sondek admittedly was not hooked up to the best speakers (the Shanling was hooked up to classe amps and then through Martin Logan Prodigy's) so I can't really say how good the Sondek and the CD T-100 really compared. The audition also only lasted 20 minutes. Between the Omega and the T-100 I would prefer this player ONLY because I found the Omega too bright. This was Redbook vs. Redbook. Anyhow, in a few weeks I will give a nice review (or attempt to anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back