My set is a little bit off ... looking for a portable Dac/Amp
May 22, 2020 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TCube

New Head-Fier
Hello From Paris,

I don't want to get overwhelmed with youtube videos so I'l try to keep it simple when exposing my request.
a) I don't invest much money in my phone I've got 3 Nokia Lumia (2x830 and 1x1020 for pictures) ... all under Windows Phones OS 8.1.
b) On the other side I've plenty of Headphones and IEM which I choose as not too difficult to power 60-130 ohms.
c) My desktop set up is much more serious Topping D30 + Topping A30 + Topping VX3
d) My Notebook Media Center is JRiver Media Center
Thus
Would you to think helping as for recommendations for a portable DAC/AMP which basically :
a) Could have USB2 and smartphone Jack inputs ?
b) Could handle DSD 128 as least (+ Flac, ect.)
c) Isn't a bulk as my Nokia phones are 5"5

The rest doesn't matter much as I can fiddle with the Gain, R128 sound levelling , Dynamic Range, ect for all my portables files from JRiver.

If I can use this Item both on the Go (jack) and on my desk (USB) that could terrific !!!!
My budget would swings around 150$

I really appreciate the time you may take to consider my request
Cheers from Paris guys !

May 27, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 7
Fiio Q1 MkII

There was no stocks in the EU but the unexpected news is the $ dollar is so weak 0.95 $ for 1 Euro : I was still in my budget included Taxes + Import Duties + Fast Delivery (120$)
Unless it's an defect unit - I doubt it - I expect it to be delivered by next Saturday !
My many thanks again ProtegeManiac !
Cheers from Paris

May 27, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #5 of 7
There was no stocks in the EU but the unexpected news is the $ dollar is so weak 0.95 $ for 1 Euro : I was still in my budget included Taxes + Import Duties + Fast Delivery (120$)
Unless it's an defect unit - I doubt it - I expect it to be delivered by next Saturday !
My many thanks again ProtegeManiac !
Cheers from Paris

Cheers! And I hope quarantine measures there don't result in missing out on mussel season, because I did down here. I've been craving moules marinaire since January.

May 27, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #6 of 7
May 29, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #7 of 7
Cheers! And I hope quarantine measures there don't result in missing out on mussel season, because I did down here. I've been craving moules marinaire since January.

Sadly I work within a specialized Software Developing & Services Cie and RH asked us, the middle Management, to keep Teleworking on FInancial and Technical Quotes as part time until the end of September for a 70% paycheck.
So even if lovable women are wearing skirts are the moment due to the weather it will be a challenge to get a date without restaurants, concerts, expositions, open City Parks, and so on. Paris is still a Red Zone.
The Fiio was my birthday gift, which by the way was totally ****ed up under the lockdown, still closed friends chipped in knowing I'm music nut :wink: I received it yesterday.

One more anecdote : with social distancing in the subway I can blast my open back at full without anyone complaining ! hahaha

Stay sharp ! Always.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back