My Senn Pmx-60 mod
Aug 31, 2004 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Krishna

100+ Head-Fier
Well this is my first mod ever to any headphones, considering the Pmx-60's are the only headphones I have ever owned that are worth modding.

Basically I discovered that if I pulled on the neckband from the back it would press the actual ear pieces closer/tighter to my ears. This causes the bass to increases, and the overall quality of the sound produced to increase. Pmx-60's are known to be bass shy, although after the burnin the bass response significantly improves, therefore by pressing them closer to the ear most of the shyness disappears.

So I wanted to find a way to make the the neck band stay in a pulled back position, so that the ear pieces would stay tight against my ears.

This is my solution:

Materials:
-Bubble Wrap
-Electrical Tape

Procedure:

1.Cut a piece of bubble wrap about 3"by4"
2.Roll the Bubble Wrap up like a carpet length ways (roll it so its longer, instead of wider)
3.Tape the roll shut
4.Tape the roll on to the neck band in the middle creating a sort of padding.

There you go, a truly simple mod that really does increase the bass response of the Pmx-60's. I know alot of you don't like them, but that is because you didn't give them a chance to burn in. At first the highs were pretty shrill, and there was basically no low end at all, but after the burn in this changed quite alot. The highs smoothed out, and the low end became more prominent. And with this mod the sound is even better.

Some disadvantages though: They are less comfortable, and get hotter. Thats pretty much it. They were super comfortable to start with, now its just a bit tighter.

Aug 31, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 8
sound like what i did with clipons. i wrap around the clip-on to have it stay snugly and grip the ears better. overally i really am not a fan of streetstyle or clipons. however i am very tolerable to canalphones.

Aug 31, 2004 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
sound like what i did with clipons. i wrap around the clip-on to have it stay snugly and grip the ears better. overally i really am not a fan of streetstyle or clipons. however i am very tolerable to canalphones.

Yep, that is why I am going to get Er-6i's for listening whenever I am not biking, or when its not too cold.

Aug 31, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
After about 100 hours of usage I got rid of them.... but whatever floats your boat. The friend I sold them to still likes em.

Really? Why didn't you like them? I've been using mine for about 6-8months and I just realized that they had burned in about a month ago.

Aug 31, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #6 of 8
I wish you could post some pics!

Sep 1, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #8 of 8
HeadphonesMod007.jpg

HeadphonesMod004.jpg

HeadphonesMod006.jpg

HeadphonesMod003.jpg

Yeah, I know it looks pretty crappy, but I will fix that later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back