My search for the perfect PCDP player may be over...
Nov 13, 2002 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Bobby C

Head-Fier
A few weeks ago I posted that I was looking for a PCDP with the following requirements:

1. Good sound
2. Good sound
3. Good sound
4. Hopefully good battery life.

Upon reflection and research, I rearranged my priorities a bit, decent battery life was moved down some more. The way I listen to music (no gaming) is usually in a stationary place, anti-skip is not important. I am usually without power for less than 4 hours, so long battery life is not critical. However I do require a good line out and headphone jack, as I will usually have my JMT META 42 around (along with my Senns 580s or Etymotic ER-4Ps).

Research (mostly here) led me to older PCDPs. So in the past few days, I've ordered:
- Sony D-25S
- Sony D-303
- Sony D-10

Should be getting the units over the next several days, I'll do a review of them (compared to my non-portable, reference rig) & post the results.

Bob

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 9
i believe he was eyeing, and bought Yang's awesome looking d303 from head-fi's Gear For Sale forum.

congrats bobby

Nov 13, 2002 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Yes, the ugly truth is out, I got a couple of these monsters off the Gear for Sale forum here at Head-Fi. Specifically:

The d-303 - Yang
the d-10 - kin3tix

I got the d-25S off of eBay for $35.50, plus $6 for shipping.

I can't wait for the 303, probably the pick of the litter.

Nov 15, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 9
x1lexure,

thanks for advertizing my d-303.

Nov 15, 2002 at 11:02 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Did somebody buy it purk?

Not yet. So better say "yes" b/f someone else take it. I really think Sony D-303 is awesome!

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back