my rig got stolen tonight
Jan 19, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #16 of 28
Well.. the update is that 1500 will be mine. from the storage place. ( whoo hoo... i can replace the tubes)

Homeowners DOES NOT cover items in Storage. It is an Explicit item on their policy.... ** fithy wH0r3$**

As for the place... I have started my investigation, because I have limited faith in the local law enforcment.

There are no cameras, but I did hear a story from a desk clerk about 2 guys driving up in a white van and going inside. After 45min, the desk attendant went in and asked what they were doing.

"we are waiting to help move Linda Aronds" ... the attendant was suspicious
and went back to the computer to run a check on that name... right then he sees the guys ( shorter thin white guys... with a WT description) come into the office... they say " sorry... we were at the wrong public storage"

They jet... meanwhile he checks their "frnd's" name out... IT IS BOGUS!!... figures...

so i take this story to a few other PStorage places.... and find out a similar thing has happened at more than 5-6 of them.

Now to get it better. One of the PS places said " that description sounds like the guys I kicked out of here last week" " they were runnin cars in and out of here, about 6 of them and loading up a unit. I kicked em out because they were jacking with the gate."

YES!!! the real info starts....

So, I get her to pull up their file and ask for a printout .. " no sir... we cant do that..." " it's ok.. i understand ** click... i got a screenshot on my camera phone**

so now I have a passport ID, Address, Drivers license, and phone #.

Then I try to get more info because this one has a DVR camera system ** wish my unit did**

the lady said, "well it erases every 30 days and it was more than 30 ago"

((little does she know I do Security and computer forensics for a living)) ** and yes... if you are wondering, my girlfriend and other moved my stuff while i was out of town on a consulting gig. I was planning on removing and going to a better place... but I JUST got back***

Anyway, That is where it is at Currently... I will keep u up to date.

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigosax

Homeowners DOES NOT cover items in Storage. It is an Explicit item on their policy.... ** fithy wH0r3$**

Whoa! Since when do we let purported policy exclusions stop us? Submit the claim. Let them reject it if they want, but at least submit it. It can't hurt and if the exclusion doesn't apply, you'll want to give them timely notice of your claim.

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Whoa! Since when do we let purported policy exclusions stop us? Submit the claim. Let them reject it if they want, but at least submit it. It can't hurt and if the exclusion doesn't apply, you'll want to give them timely notice of your claim.

Timely notice of your claim indeed. Sounds like good lawyerly advice.
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Loan gear to trustworthy Head-fier.
-Ed

Well, if I ever move - guess who gets my gear for a while?
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #22 of 28
The storage warehouse I use limits liability to 10 cents per pound. And they use Master locks on the units, of course...

Let's just say I don't store anything terribly valuable in there.

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #23 of 28
Well, My attorneys are hard at work on this one. Now on to the real question... what next ( aside from a hefty insurance policy)

Thoughts..

Integrated
cary SLI-80 - F1

sep's

Melos SHA+ Belles amp

?? any ideas?

Jan 24, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #24 of 28
eric343, attach lead weights to all of your gear. They cant steal it and if they do.. heh heh heh =)

Jan 24, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #28 of 28
I wouldn't presume that those liability limitation clauses necessarily apply. I'm just starting out in law school (and hence this is in no way legal advice), but we constantly read cases about courts disregarding such clauses to the benefit of the consumer. A lot of the time, such clauses are intended for psychological effect, even though the stipulating company knows full well they are legally unenforceable. The short story is, just because something is written in a contract doesn't mean it's at all valid.

Anyways, if your gear is worth enough, I would try consulting a lawyer before settling things up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back