My Review of the Apex Pinnacle (and comparison to the 307a)
Dec 19, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #77 of 96

Quote:
Just out of curiosity how did you justify buying a 10k headphone amp?

We had this discussion earlier in the thread, before parts of it were removed for pointless arguing.  The general consensus was, once you move beyond bare-minimum nutrition and shelter, there are hundreds of arbitrary ways of spending a lot more than $10k - more house than you need, more car than you need, etc, etc.  Everyone picks a way to suit themselves.

But my personal reason was economic stimulus.  The Pinnacle is made in America by honest artisans, and if we want them still there at the end of this downturn, we should support them now.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #78 of 96
Quote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity how did you justify buying a 10k headphone amp?

...But my personal reason was economic stimulus.  The Pinnacle is made in America by honest artisans, and if we want them still there at the end of this downturn, we should support them now.

Agreed.  And it does not hurt that it sounds awesome!

Dec 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #79 of 96
Innerspace posted:-

Quote:
  We had this discussion earlier in the thread, before parts of it were removed for pointless arguing.  The general consensus was, once you move beyond bare-minimum nutrition and shelter, there are hundreds of arbitrary ways of spending a lot more than $10k - more house than you need, more car than you need, etc, etc.  Everyone picks a way to suit themselves.

But my personal reason was economic stimulus.  The Pinnacle is made in America by honest artisans, and if we want them still there at the end of this downturn, we should support them now.

Couldn't you have helped the economy more and bought something more expensive,    .... or perhaps 2 of 'em,   or some other gear.

Do a David Mahler and go all out on an ultrafi binge......

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #81 of 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Couldn't you have helped the economy more and bought something more expensive,    .... or perhaps 2 of 'em,   or some other gear.

What the hell is it with the rampant jealousy of some people on this forum?

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #82 of 96
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No no, trust me this is just wink’s sarcasm...

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #83 of 96
Don't know how much there is to be jealous of.....I may have a great rig by most people's standards, but I just bought my first pair of shoes in over 4 years and this is only because the only pair I had finally went on me.  This new pair is 25 dollars.  I don't live like a prince.........I just sacrifice everything else.

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #84 of 96

Quote:
Don't know how much there is to be jealous of.....I may have a great rig by most people's standards, but I just bought my first pair of shoes in over 4 years and this is only because the only pair I had finally went on me.  This new pair is 25 dollars.  I don't live like a prince.........I just sacrifice everything else.

haha ive been wearing the exact same pair of shoes for the last 4 years as well, and those ones my parents gave me as a gift :D

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #86 of 96

Quote:
All Head-Fiers in (or passing through) NYC are most welcome to drop by.  Your cans or mine.

MrBurns2.jpg

Excellent.....

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #88 of 96
IPodPJ posted:-

Quote:

No rampant jealousy here PJ.

It's just admiration for someone who is doing what I'm too financially embarassed to do, and if I had the readies, I would emulate.......

In the same way, I admire the pics of your Beta22 you are having built, as I did johnwmclean's and nattonrice's, and no doubt will drool over John's present build.

John's Cavalli is a showpiece.

I find it interesting to observe peoples' expressions and reactions to my oddball and quirky sense of humour.

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #89 of 96

Quote:
IPodPJ posted:-

Quote:

No rampant jealousy here PJ.

It's just admiration for someone who is doing what I'm too financially embarassed to do, and if I had the readies, I would emulate.......

In the same way, I admire the pics of your Beta22 you are having built, as I did johnwmclean's and nattonrice's, and no doubt will drool over John's present build.

John's Cavalli is a showpiece.

I find it interesting to observe peoples' expressions and reactions to my oddball and quirky sense of humour.

Ok, my mistake.  But what I said still stands in regards to some others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back