My revenge
Sep 17, 2005 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tayano

100+ Head-Fier
When I upgraded my portabe IEMs to UM2 people asked what "those ugly things costed".I didn't wanna tell everybody that they costed +300 bucks so I said 50 USD,but my freinds knew that they costed +300. Anyway, my frirends heard about the price the looked strange at me,some of them was laughing and some of them said I didn't know how to spend my money..."they can't be that good .." , "you could bought a pair of sony instead"

After the summer,one my freinds in my soccer-team asked if he could listen to my canals,and I said OK just to prove why I bought them. (note : all of my friends are only familiar with the stock earphones).
He started to scream and laugh when I played the music...He couldn't believe what he was hearing. His impression was so good that another friend wanted to try them ,he also got the same reaction...both of them said that my um2 was worth the money (both of the was laughting at me acouple of months ago).

Some friends at school asked if they could try them and I agreed again, the first one said that he was speechless,a musical orgasm (remember stock earbuds)..the other ones coulnd't believe whet they were hearing.

So,now my friends often ask me if they can listen to my um2s and two of them are going to buy a pair of um2 (they say that they are addicted to the sound ),they laught at me at first so I gave them the sickness
evil_smiley.gif

It feels so good when people finally realizing that this is good stuff, 3-4 months ago they laught because of my sillyness,now the pray just to listen to them...The feeling of beeing proud is so good
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 8
I had a similar situation with my e5c's. I just don't understand how someone can spend 300 or 400 on an iPod and not want to get the best sound out of it. On the subway I see 9 out of 10 people using the stock buds on there iPod. What a shame!!!

Sep 17, 2005 at 2:15 PM Post #4 of 8
Well, the bulk of the population actually thinks that the iBuds sound good. Most have that preconception because they believe whatever Apple makes must be good and since the iPod is so great, the headphones must be too.

I also think people generally have an aversion to spending too much money on headphones because...heck they come free with all portable CD players and DAPs, so why bother spending more money?

I think the third psychological barrier comes from people's perception that portable players, while sounding good, can't be a real reference so it's a waste to spend that type of money on something that may ultimately not sound great to start with.

But as your friends have found out, when paired with great headphones, you can certainly get a good level of fidelity out of portables and it may even be worth the money. So continue to preach the gospel that is Head-Fi!

Sep 17, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #5 of 8
It's harder to believe that something can sound better unless you've actually tried it...

For example, before I was a head-fier, the stock ipod buds sounded good to me just because they were better than other stock sony buds. However I was already exposed to Sennheiser headphones, so I knew the sound could have been better, so I was curious about in-ear monitors. I bought a relatively inexpensive IEM, but even that made a world of a difference to me, and I've been hooked ever since.

Darn, all this IEM talk is pushing me to upgrade my IEM...
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
It's harder to believe that something can sound better unless you've actually tried it...

For example, before I was a head-fier, the stock ipod buds sounded good to me just because they were better than other stock sony buds. However I was already exposed to Sennheiser headphones, so I knew the sound could have been better, so I was curious about in-ear monitors. I bought a relatively inexpensive IEM, but even that made a world of a difference to me, and I've been hooked ever since.

Darn, all this IEM talk is pushing me to upgrade my IEM...
evil_smiley.gif

That's what I say to them.."don't say anything til you've heard them,then you can say anything"

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Well, the bulk of the population actually thinks that the iBuds sound good. Most have that preconception because they believe whatever Apple makes must be good and since the iPod is so great, the headphones must be too.

i thoght porsche and ferrari made decent sports cars untill i drove a corvette c5r... laughed em off the track.

Sep 17, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayano
he was speechless,a musical orgasm

I prefer the term "aural sex".
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back