My Recently Completed Amplifier Picture Page (142k)
Apr 9, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 26
wow.
eek.gif

you're in davis? i got's to hang with you. that is beautiful stuff.

Apr 9, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 26
JohnFerrier-
Yeah, I don't know what's up with those Elma knobs. I ended up getting a pair of DACT knobs that perfectly fit as can be seen in my first post. Very nice knobs I must say (expensive though). The pcb is quite large, but I that'll change in my next revision.
cool.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 26
Very nice.

I don't see any tube amps however.

You still need one KGSS, one dynahi, one blue hawaii
and one mig amp.
600smile.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by kevin gilmore
Very nice.

You still need one KGSS, one dynahi, one blue hawaii
and one mig amp.
600smile.gif

Looks like you are not project-less anymore, Mike!

Nice to see the pics at last. Got any of the inside of the ppa above the BB-Gil?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by Subsonic
Yeah, I don't know what's up with those Elma knobs. I ended up getting a pair of DACT knobs that perfectly fit as can be seen in my first post. Very nice knobs I must say (expensive though). The pcb is quite large, but I that'll change in my next revision.
cool.gif

Ah...missed that...guess I'm an inside pic man. Didn't know about the DACT knobs. Did get my Elmas on exactly where they should be... Nothing wrong with large PCBs, just know that they are harder to manufacture...

JF

Apr 10, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #23 of 26
Killer job!
What chassis is that and where did you get it? The knobs?

Also, I see that you're using a filtered IEC on the BB Gilmore. I would highly recommend replacing it with a standard non-filtered type and giving it a listen -- in my experience, replacing that particular filtered IEC with a normal one really opens up the highs and increases detail. PinkFloyd had similar results when he followed my advice after building his Chiarra...

Apr 10, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Havn't made a tube amp yet unfortunately, but the Blue Hawaii is up on my to do list (right after purchasing Omega II's
biggrin.gif
). A Balanced Bridge Dynahi on the other hand... (is it even possible?)

Quote:

Nice to see the pics at last. Got any of the inside of the ppa above the BB-Gil?

Hey Mark, unfortunately I don't, but it's pretty much a standard PPA w/power supply. Both are in a separate hammond enclosure with custom front panels. I'll make sure to take pics when I upgrade to the Diamond buffer.
600smile.gif

Quote:

question: where'd you get the balanced gilmore board? I smell a project coming on.

I drew the layout of the pcb myself and had it made through Advanced Circuit's when they were offering the Free Prototype deal about a year or so ago. The quality of the pcb's are nothing short of amazing!

Quote:

What chassis is that and where did you get it? The knobs?

It's a Par-Metals chassis. Unfortunately, I had them paint the chassis black (instead of anodizing). Their painting skills are pretty much equivalent to mine
redface.gif
. But for the price, who can argue. The two switch knobs are made by DACT and the large volume knob was purchased from voodoochile a while back.

eric343-
The BB Gilmore is already so detailed and dynamic that I can't imagine how much more detailed it can get. But thanks for the recommendation, I may just try it next time I take of the cover.

Quote:

That's a tower of power!

Here's an even taller tower
biggrin.gif
IMG_0942.jpg

Apr 10, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #25 of 26
that's a fine looking tower you got there...like goose, i'm a davis student as well...we'll have to get together so i can play with some of your toys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back