My PS-1s have just been delivered at work.
Apr 19, 2005 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Blainethepain

100+ Head-Fier
There I was sitting at work feeling tired after going to see the Manic Street Preachers last night. All I wanted to do was go home and have a sleep. Then the postman turned up and my day changed completely.

He had a nice big box for me with a pair of Grado PS-1 inside. All of a sudden I feel very awake.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I can spend the day listening to them with my iPod before I go home a try them with my home system. I will let you all know how I get on later today.

rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 22
congrats.
biggrin.gif
the PS1 is a fun can to listen to.

Apr 19, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro
How do they sound with the iPod? Are you using an amp? Man I wish I could afford a pair of those.

You're fine with the sr-60s. The other guy's got a nice steup to use his $$$ phones, 1400 smackers is too much for most people, so don't fret.
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #8 of 22
No worries here. I mostly use an amp with my Karma so I wish I would have waited and got the SR-80's or 125's. I just got a pair of E3c's today and I'm sitting here lookin at them so I will post my impressions later. Although I am still jealous. I would love to own a pair of those.

Apr 19, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 22
You saw the Manic Street Preachers? I envy you. They probably wont be coming to the states again anytime soon
frown.gif
Nice cans BTW.
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

No worries here. I mostly use an amp with my Karma so I wish I would have waited and got the SR-80's or 125's. I just got a pair of E3c's today and I'm sitting here lookin at them so I will post my impressions later. Although I am still jealous. I would love to own a pair of those.

Youre better off with sr60s than sr80s or 125s imho... ^^

Apr 19, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #11 of 22
Not with an amp. AFAIK, the SR-60 and MS-1 are great unamped, but the SR-80 and SR-125 especially benefit quite a bit from an amp.

Oh, and I'm so jealous you got to see the Manic Street Preachers.

Apr 20, 2005 at 8:42 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

How do they sound with the iPod? Are you using an amp? Man I wish I could afford a pair of those.

I'm very impressed with the PS-1 & iPod combo. The iPod powers them easily & bass sounds very nice.(which was a big surprise). I have not had a proper listen to them with my home gear yet, but I will definitely post my impressions after the weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
You saw the Manic Street Preachers? I envy you. They probably wont be coming to the states again anytime soon
frown.gif
Nice cans BTW.
tongue.gif

The Manics were fantastic. best i've seen them for years. Played a really good varied set, lots from the Holy Bible, Archives of Pain being the highlight for me.
eek.gif

Apr 20, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #15 of 22
you had them delivered to work? no need to make your co-workers jealous. enjoy the new cans.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back