My PPX3 (6cg7) is here!
Jul 8, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
it took about 5 weeks to get here. so, for 5 weeks i had a whole lot of the next best thing to pass the time.

nice...

thanks for all the info guys...

Jul 8, 2004 at 11:09 AM Post #17 of 32
Guess I have plenty of time to wait then
frown.gif
I ordered mine (6cg7 w/ Solen stage 1 upgrade) 1 week ago.

Jul 8, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

"the 18 gage power cord is a throwaway "
...but what i did get was one incredibly awesome upgraded ppx3-6sn7 that is actually better than sex...

Great, I have sex on the way. It has just shipped!

My PPX3 took about two and half weeks from ordering to shipping. I think they are very popular at the moment.

Jul 8, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #21 of 32
My PPX3-6SN7 w/ Solen Cap upgrade should be here today or tommorrow. I can't wait
600smile.gif

Jul 8, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue
My PPX3-6SN7 w/ Solen Cap upgrade should be here today or tommorrow. I can't wait
600smile.gif

Let us know what you think. this will be my next amp also.

stevieo, What options did you get with your amp?

Jul 8, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #23 of 32
I ordered my MPX3 2 months ago and it's still not here, although it is on the way. Mikhail orginally quoted 2 to 3 weeks. I have no problem with it taking that long, but a more acurate estimation of the time would have been nice. I'm not normally an impatient person, but when someone tells me something's going to take a certain amount of time, I would hope it's done close to that time frame. Mikhail has been very responsive, and always answers my emails, I just think he should be more conservative in his time estimates. Of course as soon as this thing arrives at my doorstep I'll likely forget all this.

Jul 8, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote: Tom Hankins

options you ask?

i am not sure but mikhail billed me for the following;

1. Jensen Paper in Oil Copper
2. Upgraded Output Capacitors
3. TKD Volume control
4. Solen Stage 1 Capacitors
5. Solid Silver Wiring 99.99%
Sylvania 6SN7WGT x 2
Sylvania VT-231

i bought this amp specifically for my ps-1 & this is the configuration i heard at the ny meet that i liked better than the other single power amps for the ps-1. that is what i told mikhail i would like to have & i guess that's what i got because i have only come up for air for a few hours a day for sleep since i got it.

the real surprise for me is how much i like my new ppx with the cd3000!!

the amp that really put my ears in the dirt was a supra mikhail had up there at grado labs for the ny meet. you can see it in the ny meet impressions post. i am trying to figure out how to forge my wife's signature on a home equity loan so i can acquire one. i have never had criminal thoughts until hearing this amp. my headphones are off to the very fortunate person who took possession of that amazing amp. i could possibly give up my other favorite sport entirely if i had one of these amps.

Jul 9, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Quote: Tom Hankins

options you ask?

i am not sure but mikhail billed me for the following;

1. Jensen Paper in Oil Copper
2. Upgraded Output Capacitors
3. TKD Volume control
4. Solen Stage 1 Capacitors
5. Solid Silver Wiring 99.99%
Sylvania 6SN7WGT x 2
Sylvania VT-231

Wow. You got top shelf, bro. Mikhail emailed me that with several of the above-mentioned retrofitted upgrades (1,2 & 4), I would have one very fine MPX3.

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #26 of 32
Mine shipped yesterday. It'll likely be here on Monday. Why doesn't the post office deliver on Sundays?!? I got the 6cg7 version w/ Solen caps. Lead time was a bit shorter than he quoted. Mikhail is a very nice man to deal w/. The wait is killing me.
CPW

Jul 10, 2004 at 9:49 AM Post #27 of 32
Congrats onyour amp. All you guys with the PPX3 should check out the sticky in the amp section and see whats going on with the PPX3 tube sharing package thats out there.

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:01 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by drew8mc
I ordered my MPX3 2 months ago and it's still not here, although it is on the way. Mikhail orginally quoted 2 to 3 weeks. I have no problem with it taking that long, but a more acurate estimation of the time would have been nice. I'm not normally an impatient person, but when someone tells me something's going to take a certain amount of time, I would hope it's done close to that time frame. Mikhail has been very responsive, and always answers my emails, I just think he should be more conservative in his time estimates. Of course as soon as this thing arrives at my doorstep I'll likely forget all this.

I feel the same way except Im getting a ppx3 and my wait has only been about ~6 weeks. What makes things worse is hearing these other people who ordered ppx's after me are getting them before me. He must not like me.
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by carterondrums
I feel the same way except Im getting a ppx3 and my wait has only been about ~6 weeks. What makes things worse is hearing these other people who ordered ppx's after me are getting them before me. He must not like me.
frown.gif

I doubt it's anything like that. Probably other factors like parts availablitly for your particular amp came into play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back