My portable Sleek music box
Dec 11, 2008 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

artsci

New Head-Fier
I travel quite a bit -- about three or four flights a week, and my iPod with Apple Lossless, Sleek W-1, Corda 3Move amp, and UE10s go with me everywhere, since having access to the music I love is about the only way I can maintain some semblance of sanity. So I've invested in developing a portable rig housed inside an artful wood box. The sound is as about as good as it can get for a traveling rig and the UE10s create the best noise cancellation possible on an airplane.

Box is made by Don Boudreau (Jewelry Boxes|Men's Valet-Jewelry Boxes|Tea Boxes|Keepsake Boxes|Exotic Woods and Burls) out of exotic hardwoods. I had the sides of the box engraved with line portraits of my favorite composers (I listen mainly to classical music). I carry the box in a shoulder bag, so with the Sleek wireless and my UE10s (which I've modified to work with the Sleek W-1) I'm wireless whenever I'm on the go. Everything is mounted in foam, so it's all protected from the shocks of travel.

Here are some photos of the results.

box%202.jpg

box%205.jpg

The Corda 3Move sits under the iPod, and with the Sleek W1 transmitter plugged into its output jack. The wireless maintains its full range with the lid of the box closed.

Box%201.jpg

box%204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back