My "portable" rig
Jul 24, 2009 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
So last week my dad bought a 2003 Peterbilt Western Hauler. This week we're taking it for its first trip up into the depths of Canada. As I type this I am in Esteban, SK, CA which is about 7 hours from my house in Duluth, MN, USA. We're going all the way over to Banff in the rockies and then down to Idaho to visit an aunt. First is a picture of our rig and the others are of my rig (headphones). My amp and DAC are under the seat. If you're wondering why the big truck, my dad is a tractor collector and we have 2 to pick up. Tractors weigh 12,000 pounds each.

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

Listening conditions aren't the best in the big truck but Miles Davis sounds oh so sweet driving down the highway.

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 8
I envy you. My Uncle was a truck driver for many years. I jumped in his rig once and went cross-country with him. I slept so well in that rig. That wonderful diesel vibration knocked me out colder than an anesthetized baby. Also, he kept the sleeper at about 55 degrees.

You cannot see any country better than you can on the road. Good post.

Remember... NO LOT LIZARDS!

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Nice portable rig.
smile.gif

Both the laptop -> SR-325i, and the truck

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 8
I'd love to but we need to be home by the 3rd and will actually be through Calgary on the 30th or 31st. I'd so go if it was a day earlier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back