New Head-Fier
Circuit based around CMOY design
Custom PCB
WIMA MKP10 input caps
OPA2134PA op-amp
Panasonic FM 470uF power cap
Laser cut black acrylic for end plates

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Did you go single-supply on that one? (I'm asking because the TO92 part next to the battery looks like a TLE2426, but there's only one reservoir cap and two leads from the PSU board to the main board) If so, what made you choose that over the 'standard' CMoy virtual-ground option?

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Did you go single-supply on that one? (I'm asking because the TO92 part next to the battery looks like a TLE2426, but there's only one reservoir cap and two leads from the PSU board to the main board) If so, what made you choose that over the 'standard' CMoy virtual-ground option?

He does have two rail caps...the other one is harder to spot.
You can see it in the second last picture nestled in by the
two input caps. and yes, it uses a TLE2426 for the virtual
ground driver.

Oh, I see what you mean now...just the one electrolytic....right behind the pot.

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #8 of 8
The second homemade board is the trickle charger using an LM317 regulator to provide a constant current to charge the NiMh battery.

The TLE2426 is on the main purple board which provides a two rail supply both of which have WIMA bypass caps (you can't see it in any of them pictures but it's above the LED you can see where it should be placed on the PCB picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back