my Porta Pro's in class the other day - first time!
Nov 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

350Rocket

Head-Fier
This is kind of a random post, cause I haven't been on this site in a long time and I kind of miss it. I'm 27 and I've just left the working world to go back to college this fall for civil engineering. Anyways, I realized spending more time listening to music, even in class while working on something brings my mood up and helps me focus better. I had started using some small in earphones that I bought on ebay from recommendations on here like a year ago. I can't even remember what they are but they were under $40. Anyways I can't really stand the sound of them. I also got a pair of Sony MDR-7506 I think it is (the equivalent to the MDR-V6) but I don't really like them as much as my Porta Pro's  either.

So I decided to suck it up and wear them in class, no matter what people think of them. Anyways after using them for 2 hours in class not one of the other students, took notice or said anything about them. So I guess this is no longer high school and fasion isn't as important anymore. The only weird look I got was when the teacher came to mark off my completed drawings on my computer, he was looking funny at my Altoids case with the switch and blue LED on it, with wires going to my headphones and cell phone. I'm not sure if he had any clue at what it was. lol.

In conclusion, the Porta Pro's are going to get a lot more use now and I have no intention of upgrading. I've had them for a couple years now, but they're still like brand new because I've only been using them in the appartment. For the classic rock and heavy stuff that I listen to, I don't really think I will need to upgrade until I have expendable income some day. I'm also really happy with the CMOY amp I bought off Ebay. It makes the music listenable from my cell phone so I don't have to carry my Ipod or Discman along with all my other school stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back