My phones are here!!!! (56k, a few pictures)
Feb 10, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #16 of 24
enjoy bro, congratulations
smily_headphones1.gif
as they always say here, sorry about your wallet :p

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah if you're going to hang your Grados from your LCD monitor make sure you degauss it often.

Hardee har.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice, I'd really like a pair of Grados to listen to metal with (big SOAD, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Dream Theater, etc fan). First I need to get some Beyers though.

The thing that bothered me about Grados when I put them on though is they didn't really seem comfortable. I didn't get a demo at all, just put 'em on and took 'em off. What do you think about the comfort level of those suckers?

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #20 of 24
just got my RS60's yesterday... saw them, loved them, auditioned them, loved them even more, got used to them within a few minutes (they are not uncomfortable at all and I wear glasses...but I do have a very small head), adored them... went to bed too late because I couldn't take them off, I had to convince myself they needed some time to burn in so I could go to bed
biggrin.gif

I do like my other phones (D66SL, A900, P(M)X100) but these do sound very different and I'm currently enjoying my albums as never before with these ... perhaps the 'novelty' of clear sound will wear off or perhaps I'll turn out to be a grado-person... who'd a thunk it

Feb 10, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Logical upgrade?

Bowls!

dumb noob question, but are bowls the standard pads of the SR80? If so, I got them with my SR60 and while I do like the sound, I'm not sure about the comfort... they fit like small circumaural pads for me (I have got small ears) but the uncovered driver grid touches my pinnae. This starts to hurt after a while (just like the Sennheiser HD497 did for me), while the comfy pads the SR60 come with are actually very comfy for me...

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dumb noob question, but are bowls the standard pads of the SR80? If so, I gt them with my SR60 and while I do like the sound, I'm not sure abuot the comfort... they fit like small circumaural pads for me (I have got small ears) but the uncovered driver grid touches my pinnae. This strats to hurt after a while (just like the Sennheiser HD497 do for me), while the comfy pads the SR60 come with are very comfy for me...

thats the same thing that happened to me so this is what you do. You get the senn 414 pads and put them on, then you put the bows on top of the 414 pads, and voila semi cirumaural, super comfy and great sounding pads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back