My personal best portable amps of the year
Dec 21, 2007 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sasaki

500+ Head-Fier
This is my personal ranking from my purchases of this year.
It was not ranked with SQ alone, based on my personal preferences such as total value for the money and build quality as well.

1. CORDA MOVE

This is all round player and I found only major flaw is the wrong plug contact.
Especially I like its warm sounding and blacker background for UE11. UE11 and MOVE combo is my favorite on the later part of the year.

2. iBasso D1

This is the revolutionary Dac/Amp combo with optical input.
I installed Rockbox to use Apple Lossless on the iHP-140. I found the iHP-140 and D1 combo is a step beyond from ordinal iPod based portable setups. I used to use HR micro DAC with SR71 but it was too bulky and clumsy.

3. Qables iQube

This is the first digital portable amp and sounds just amazing. I wrote a simple review for the forum.

4. RSA Tomahawk

It's tiny and it provides RSA house sound and the RSA build quality.
It's good, however, I hope Ray would build a successor of SR71 ..

5. TTVJ Millett Hybrid portable

This is another remarkable for portable rig. I was not able to imagine the true tube comes into the portable packaging. Millett Hybrid has both of tuby sounding and high performance SS sound as it's a hybrid.

Come close are Xenos 1HA-EPC and mSEED sprit.
* I did not buy LISAIII, Voyager or the like, so this ranking is only from my inventory.

I think the "diversity" was the keyword of this year.
In fact, the portable amp world become more multifaceted. Now we have tube portable amp and digital portable amp. We also have a portable Dac/Amp combo like iBasso D1 or HR portable 2007. Portable amps become even smaller like T2 or Tomahawk. And at this end of the year, we are in a trend of the small USB DAC/Amp combo.
In addition, many new portable amps comes from China with a good value for money.

I hope we have more and more new surprises on the coming year
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 10
Few weeks ago I bought the C & C BOX + Amp from Headb. The Battery become unrechargeable since yesterday. I try to send an e-mail Headb Support team this morning and the e-mail was undeliverable. I try to acces the internet site and it is alos unreachable.

Somebody knows what append !

Thank. Alain

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #9 of 10
how do you like the move compared to the headsix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back