My perfect headphones! The AT A900s
Mar 30, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
instead of listing our gear in our signatures we should list our losses through used sales!

I think that's a good idea, plus the headphones not sold used, but returned within trial periods.

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
That's true, but if you moved straight to the top of the range can you'd have no frame of reference.

And this would be bad because......?

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #19 of 23
Sorry, I don't mean that everyone should go with the most expensive items first, but that they should look for what they can afford and buy that. Almost everyone here has bought low-end cans and sold them at a loss. By buying something like the A900 instead of the other, lesser cans, we can avoid buying stuff that is inferior and just costs us money and time.

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Sorry, I don't mean that everyone should go with the most expensive items first, but that they should look for what they can afford and buy that.

That's part of the issue. Some people might easily afford the RS1 and yet prefer the SR225. If they don't try both but go all the way to what they can afford at once, they might be missing their true preference.

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #21 of 23
Raul,

It's like someone who can afford the SR225 or 325 coming and buying the SR60s. While they will be nice, why not go for the SR225 or 325 right off the bat. It's not always feasable or practical, but in some cases it works perfectly. Maybe we should be more diligent in finding out what people have for a budget, and then tell them our horror stories of money lost buying cheaper stuff, and reco that they go with a used pair of something better?

Whatcha think? Bad idea?

Apr 2, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Maybe we should be more diligent in finding out what people have for a budget, and then tell them our horror stories of money lost buying cheaper stuff, and reco that they go with a used pair of something better?

Whatcha think? Bad idea?

I think in some cases that can be a bad idea. Not everyone hear the same way, so what is a "horror story" for some may not be so for others. The best advice is always to encourage people to listen for themselves. Cheaper stuff is not always worse, or in other words, spending more doesn't always give you better stuff for what you want. Or yet another angle, people should also hear the "horror stories" of spending more and then getting dissapointed, or ending up with "matter of taste preference" case, that doesn't justify the extra expense.

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #23 of 23
Raul,

I agree that spending more money doesn't always give a greater return. I also agree that we all don't hear the same. But, I do know that many here have been buying and selling at a loss by buying stuff that should be caught as inferior or not good enough. One guy here complained about the recos he got for the Senn 600s since they didn't rock. What a tragedy. Why would anyone reco a pair of Senns for someone wanting to rock out? We seem to have too many people now reco'ing stuff, and as such our batting average is dropping. I guess that too is at least a part of what I am hoping we can avoid, and not just people who waste a lot of money buying and selling stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back