My PCDP is made by Classic.
Jun 6, 2004 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

puppet

100+ Head-Fier
does anyone know of theer cd player and how they compare to the D-NE300 .

I`ve been thinking about getting a new PCDP, i dont know if mine is crap or not, because i havent compared them to others.

Jun 6, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 7
I dont understand the title
confused.gif

Jun 6, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
does anyone know of theer cd player and how they compare to the D-NE300 .

I`ve been thinking about getting a new PCDP, i dont know if mine is crap or not, because i havent compared them to others.

classic isn't really the most well regarded maker of audio equipment. i wouldn't be surprised if you could do much better.

Jun 6, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 7
Those "Classic"-brand PCDPs are pretty much Circuit City's "house" brand. The actual manufacture of those PCDPs were outsourced to a lower-tier company in the Far East; in fact, the same companies that manufacture "Classic"-brand PCDPs could also have manufactured PCDPs for "Audiophase" (Best Buy's house brand), Coby, Sentry and other lesser-acclaimed brands.

Jun 6, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 7
It depends on your own ears and how discerning they are. My PCDP when I came here was a Sony FJ61 and I could tell that I didn't like it because it sounded too muddy and the line-out was awful. If you think that your particular PCDP is fine, then don't get a new one. It shouldn't really matter what other people on this forum think about your PCDP, it's what you think. Anyone's source compared to something else is probably going to sound like crap (unless we're talking extremely top-of-the-line) and it comes down to what you think. If you want to get a new PCDP, get one. Everything's about opinion.

That's my philosophy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back