My opinion of Saitek GH30 Gaming Headset.
Feb 6, 2007 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

exX08

500+ Head-Fier
So, I wanted a new headset, strictly for gaming. So I really didn't care about sound quality but I was a little surprised. I got home, opened the stupid Plastic shrink wrap that everyone hates. It is very warm sounding I would say. A huge difference compared to my ER4P. I think I consider this the same EXACT sound of the Bose Tri-Ports but it was only $39. I needed the mic so that was another thing. Obviously this is a Headphone site not Headset but I thought I'd share anyways. It has a forcefeedback thing that a vibration occurs when the bass goes on. This deffiantly deepens the bass, I wouldn't say controls at all because it does not control the bass at all. You can however turn it off and it sounds more like real headphones. They are very comfortable I could wear them for hours. Mabey my ears could get warm as with any other closed cans. The lows are ok, not controled but really deep. The mids are pretty good and the highs are pretty good. It deffinatly emphasizes on background instruments more than vocals which for Rap/Hip-Hop could be good but not for vocalist music. This can be fixed with a little EQ'ing. It is absolutely perfect for gaming and alright for music. For what I needed, it amazed me. Here are conclusions:

Highs- Pretty Good
Mids- Pretty Good
Lows- Deep, not controlled.

Pros:
-Comfortable
-Good Mic
-Pretty Good sound
-Pretty Cheap

Cons:
-Lack control of bass
-Emphasizes more on instruments rather than vocal's.

Again these really sound like the Tri-Ports from what I have heard. I burned these in for about an hour with Pink-Noise. Nothing special, improvments over time.

I recomend them for Price/Performance ration.

BTW, Take it or Leave it, no need for bashing, flaming or spamming. I may take pics later but I don't think you guys really care.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 6
my bro got a gaming headset recently and it sounds LESS controlled than ibuds. it does sound a little more natural and extended than ibuds though. it cost 30 aud which is about 20usd so its about the same price as ibuds anyways
tongue.gif

btw, it looks almost EXACTLY like cheap sonys even though it isnt one
blink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 6
The ONLY thing important in a gaming headset is the soundstage/imaging. How does the Saitek handle these?

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ONLY thing important in a gaming headset is the soundstage/imaging. How does the Saitek handle these?

It's actually quite impressive. With the force feedback rumble thing, you can actually feal the bullets go by your head in FPS. It feels like the speakers are set away from me I guess you would say. They are very solid made, headband it really sturdy, and wrapped in what looks like synthetic leather. I still stick with my first impression. Bose Tri-Port sounding. Almost identical to me.

Feb 6, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Sound quality is also important. There is games with real high quality sound now like Gears of Wars and many others
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a lot of Saitek stuff they make great budget gear but they must have just recently started to make headsets... Seems like they succeeded there as well.

I do love the vibration function it´s awesome for games. Not racing games where they would vibrate all the time (even though you can adjust it of course).

However I replaced it for a buttkicker. NOW we are talking vibrations lol. If you game in an office chair a buttkicker gamer is the perfect tool for this kind of stuff
wink.gif

Make that your next purchase ExX08
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back