My official thank you thread
Feb 13, 2003 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rizumu

Thinks I like him.
I'm really nice and content right now with all this headphone gear lying around me, and figured now would the best time as any to thank all of you on this board for your help.

I was a complete newbie when I joined, and never would know as much as I do now without the recommendations I received from people in responding to my numerous "help!" threads. I've really learned a lot and enjoyed this board for the fourth months I've been a member. Even people who have never posted anything directed toward me...thank you for discussing and posting your thoughts. Everyone is extemely polite and helpful on this forum, moreso than any others that I've been to.

I've come a long way from using Sony earbuds and an MP3 player, and am not done yet!

I really love my gear
smily_headphones1.gif
I figured this would be a more meaningful thread than one of the "look what I got!" sort. (I think kelly's old rant scared me off from that...
wink.gif
)

Feb 13, 2003 at 8:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Hehehe...

I'm glad we helped you spend your money
wink.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2003 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 4
You know...I agree with you completely and I too am thankful of all the information and experiences shared on this forum and those like it.

When I started into audio, or should I say music appreciation? I was 9 and I used $100 miniboomboxthingy from Sears. My parents didn't have a lot of money with 4 kids wanting everything under the sun...but they always provided and I was and still am thankful. I was thrilled to have my own "stereo" it was as single deck player but it did the job. I loved dancing around my room listening to INXS, ABBA and the Minipops (don't laugh I was 9). The pictures my dad has of me dancing madly around my bedroom are painful to look at but they capture an essence of what I was feeling, the joy I got from my music. I still have that joy today, but I am more picky...more critical and I think too much about my music now. I still love it, and one can often peak in during the wee hours of the morn after a serious cram session, and see me doing a pathetic rendition of the whiteman's dance.

These places are great in helping us all to discern what is the best equipment for us...but we shouldn't deny that even a ****ty AM radio crackles and all...can bring a smile, a tap of the foot and even a fullout hip-swinging mambo.

Glad you are thankful man, so am I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back