My new toy :)
Dec 15, 2001 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

on my MDP, pressing >> when at the end of disc brings back to beginning. Did you try on your PCDP ?

naw what about in the middle of the cd? and you press stop and want to go back to track 1?

man this resume thing is bugging me bad...

I wouldnt mind it if you could turn it off

Dec 20, 2001 at 6:17 PM Post #17 of 22
I wish home CD players had a resume option. I remember once a friend of mine was playing a song for me. I said, "that's a cool song. is that a new album?" No, it turned out to be track 15 of a CD I let him borrow. Everytime I had put the CD on, I played from the beginning, so I never got a chance to hear the end of the CD! That still happens now. I realize that, whenever I get a new CD, I end up playing the first few tracks a lot more often than the last few tracks. (My home player is a DVD player as well. Resume is default on with DVDs (though it can be switched off by hitting stop twice), but resume is not available for audio CDs!)

It's nice to just hit stop, then when you get back, hit play and have it play where you left off.

Of course, having it non-defeatable is stupid. But I like resume sometimes, because it enables me to hear the whole CD.

Dec 20, 2001 at 6:31 PM Post #18 of 22
Why not just hit pause if you know you're coming back to it?

Dec 20, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
Why not just hit pause if you know you're coming back to it?

That is fine if it is a short period of time. But what about when you listen to music in the morning, go to work, then come back home in the evening. You don't want your CD player on pause that long, do you? Or am I being too gentle on my equipment?

Dec 20, 2001 at 11:04 PM Post #20 of 22
the remote on my 780 doesn't even have a pause button
confused.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
And the resume doesn't even work, when you stop it and play again, it only goes to the start of the song, which completely makes the resume function worthless...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dec 21, 2001 at 3:02 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by gusmahler

That is fine if it is a short period of time. But what about when you listen to music in the morning, go to work, then come back home in the evening. You don't want your CD player on pause that long, do you? Or am I being too gentle on my equipment?

Depends on the player. Most portables will shut down after a period of time and may even remember where it was.

I think you're being to nice to your equipment if this is not a portable. Take it out and smack it around some!! Show it who's the boss in your house!! You tell it you'll leave it on if you want to! If it complains you just remind it who pays the power bill!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back