my new toy!
Jun 21, 2003 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

stan23

500+ Head-Fier
l.jpg

Sure I could have bought a pair of RS1's with the money I spent on this lens.. but I don't think i'll enjoy the RS1's as much
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 19
OMG
eek.gif

what camera do you have ?

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 19
I am currently shooting a Canon D60.

I am looking to purchase a 1Ds as soon as the price drops a bit. I figure, i'll just start stocking up on more 'L' lenses.

My next lens would be the 50mm 1.0 L prime. About $2800 new and $2000 used.

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 19
Sweet, I have the 2.8 non-IS version. Very sharp I'm sure you're going to be happy with it. Now all you need is a 1Ds. Stan, I'm not sure you need a 50mm 1.0 from what the reviews say it seems to be quite unusable at F1.0. I think the f1.4 version would be more economical and you can stock up other L lens. The 16-35 is a really sharp one.

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 19
I have a canon PS s45 (give me a break im a student) and it take extremly good pictures. IMO canon is the best digi camera manufactor. The s45 maby isnt the most portable, but it is the most portable with great pictures. However all my frinds, with some exceptions, can figure out that they have to hold the shutter buttom half down, so it can auto focus.

Well have fun with your new lens
Cheers
~ Rasmus

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
Sweet, I have the 2.8 non-IS version. Very sharp I'm sure you're going to be happy with it. Now all you need is a 1Ds. Stan, I'm not sure you need a 50mm 1.0 from what the reviews say it seems to be quite unusable at F1.0. I think the f1.4 version would be more economical and you can stock up other L lens. The 16-35 is a really sharp one.

Hi jaskin-

Well, I don't think I *need* the 1.0, but i've always lusted over it. I already have the 1.4 and it is an exceptional value. How do you like the 16-35? I use the new 17-40L as my main 'walking around' lens.

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 19
I don't have a wide angle lens at the moment but will be picking up the 17-40mm in a whiles time. I had the 17-35mm L for a couple of months but it was a disapointing lens.

Jun 21, 2003 at 6:31 AM Post #9 of 19
I honestly think the 17-40L will be the new darling lens in the EF mount world.. It's tack sharp, super fast and built like an L w/o being to big and heavy. I'm really liking this lens and at $799 its a steal.

Jun 21, 2003 at 6:45 AM Post #10 of 19
That's a serious lens.
smily_headphones1.gif
That’s some nice gear.

I miss my old Olympus. I was into SLR photography for a while when I was traveling. I have some great pics of somewhat unvisited (off the tourist circuit and in the jungle) Mayan ruins from Honduras, Guatemala, and Southern Mexico. Some cool macro detail shots and some wide scope shots. Even a couple in Honduras of an anti-revolutionary patrol of government troops having lunch in a Mayan plaza (shot from the top of a Mayan building). I need to find the negatives and convert them to digital.

But lately, I just use a cheap point and click digital.
plainface.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 6:54 AM Post #11 of 19
holy..now that's hardcore....
i do belive taking good photos is just as fun as listing to good headphones...
*too bad i dont have the money to buy some nice camera right now*

Jun 21, 2003 at 6:56 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
That's a serious lens.
smily_headphones1.gif
That’s some nice gear.

I miss my old Olympus. I was into SLR photography for a while when I was traveling. I have some great pics of somewhat unvisited (off the tourist circuit and in the jungle) Mayan ruins from Honduras, Guatemala, and Southern Mexico. Some cool macro detail shots and some wide scope shots. Even a couple in Honduras of an anti-revolutionary patrol of government troops having lunch in a Mayan plaza (shot from the top of a Mayan building). I need to find the negatives and convert them to digital.

But lately, I just use a cheap point and click digital.
plainface.gif

Hey Sol_Zhen, now that sounds like a nice trip! I'm still wanting to do my asia trip with nothing on me but my camera gear + laptop. Now that would be fun.

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by stan23
Hey Sol_Zhen, now that sounds like a nice trip! I'm still wanting to do my asia trip with nothing on me but my camera gear + laptop. Now that would be fun.

My uncle is attached to the State Department in Bangkok. He does regular trips to Myanmar (or as the State Department insists we call it, Burma), Cambodia, and other exotic locales. He isn’t much of a photographer, but he always has awesome pics of the temples, villages, and towns to share with us.

Asia seems rich with interesting stuff to shoot. If you get to go, I hope you enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 11:15 AM Post #14 of 19
Awesome lens dude! Now lets see what you can do with it
biggrin.gif
I also shoot with Canon, but still shoot film with EOS1. I primarily shoot B&W, and B&W IR, so I haven't taken the digital plunge yet. If I did, the D60 would be my camera. I checked one out about 6 months ago and was seriously impressed. Enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back