My New Toy Can Beat Up Your New Toy!
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
After riding my last bike for 16 years (although it is quite awesome and has provided years of trouble free maintenance), my wife and I finally bite the bullet on this beauty.

It is the R-10, HE90, and Qualia of motorcycles. Catch me if you can (police officers excluded, with all due respect
evil_smiley.gif
)

ZX-14Desktop.jpg

ZX-14II.jpg

ZX-14III.jpg

It is rated at 200 hp, 170 hp at the rear wheel (give or take a couple), and does well over 200 mph with an installed Power Commander overriding the government stock limiters.

Of course, I never exceed the speed limit.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course you won't!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

After the break-in period: watch out!

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 39
Define BEAT UP
wink.gif
Sure you can go faster, but I'll take my chances in my car vs your motorbike in say, ohh any kind of accident, wet weather, when hauling lumber, when taking my family out, when shopping.. But it does look pretty in the sun I'll grant you that, nice toy. Is there anywhere in your neck of the woods you can even get close to stretching it's legs? Obviously you wouldn't wanna do that on a public road..are there any tracks round there?

Be careful!

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 39
Col. Frank Slade mode on/

Huhaaaaaaa

Col. Frank Slade mode off/

Congrats. Hats off!!!

Altought this is not my kind of bike - I love nakeds, owned a Banditt 600 - this is a awesome motorcycle!!!!

Whatch for the tire wax on the firts - fast - miles....

Ride on!

All best, Mario

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Define BEAT UP
wink.gif
Sure you can go faster, but I'll take my chances in my car vs your motorbike in say, ohh any kind of accident, wet weather, when hauling lumber, when taking my family out, when shopping..

I noticed you left "when having FUN or any kind of excitement" out of that list
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 39
Sorry, cars/bikes just don't excite me in general, a car is just a means of transport to me.
I don't drive much, we have a perfectly adequate public transport system for my commuting, let's me read on the way to/from work.. Heck my car has under 5,000 miles on it and it's almost 2 years old.

Please at least be wearing a helmet, immtbiker.

Apr 6, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #13 of 39
Actually, when I wrote the title, I meant (beat up) "compared to anything audio". I figured everyone here was a mind reader and always knows what each other was thinking. But then we wouldn't need these
redface.gif
emoticons, would we?

No, there's nowhere to stretch it's legs around here above a buck and a quarter, and even then, you are always taking a chance of spending a night in jail.

Today was one of the first beautiful days of the season and bikes were out in droves.

Also, full Snell/DOT approved helmets, leathers and gloves.

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #15 of 39
Ahh that's a shame about the lack of tracks. But yeah it's surely not worth the grief a ticket/night in the clink. Good to hear you're umm using protection, so to speak
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm a little evangelical about helmets since my wife spent some time in Craig Hospital, and I met a couple of bikers who had some horrible TBI's after what were relatively low speed accidents.

And ok.. I wasn't 100% truthful that cars don't excite me, maybe 90%. I took my son to the Auto show today, he LOVES cars, dunno where he gets it from. He's 3 and gets Car and Driver, and can name every car in any picture i show him.. it's freaky. I was only there to take him, and admire the Aston Martin DBS.

It's certainly a much better value for bikers to get something absurdly fast, than for car drivers. What's that Ninja run these days $12K or so? The DBS is umm $269K.. Not much comparison is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back