My new swt61 "Statement" Headphone Stand (56k Warning)
Oct 3, 2006 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

vpivinylspinner

1000+ Head-Fier
Well Steve just sent me some pictures of my new tri-level headphone stand and they are definitely worthy of sharing with everyone. This is a large stand and according to Steve the most involved he has ever made. Each inset on the stand is a different type of wood and the wood as can be seen is all gorgeous and rather exotic. Can't wait to get this in my listening room.

s2ndstand020712x536rq9.jpg

s2ndstand013712x536od0.jpg

s2ndstand015712x536hx9.jpg

s2ndstand005712x536bd6.jpg

s2ndstand014712x536du2.jpg

s2ndstand010712x536az0.jpg

Oct 3, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 23
That is HOT. Not a fan of the design itself though, I want my headphones facing me, not sideways. Easier on the two-sided cords
tongue.gif

of course, my headphone stand is a right-guard deodorant stick nailed to the wall, so who am I to criticize?

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 23
The K1000s will hang on the center pillar by the leather band with the K340s and RS-1s flanking.

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 23
That's stunning! It puts my hook to shame...

One thing, though - how are you going to deal with headphones that have 'Y' cords instead of single entry cords?

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 23
The K1000 is single exit and will sit in the middle. The other headphones will simply have the cords draped down the side of the stand. I forgot to mention that he also made me wooden caps for my headphiled K340s that match the stand they will sit on.

Oct 3, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 23
Hey guys, It's not that I haven't thought of the Y cord situation, It's just that the artist side of me seems to prefer form over function. I build certain stands to show off headphones, and others to hold them. This happens to be very much a stand to show off Jeff's great collection. Here's how I solve the problem on my own stand, I just tuck the cord under the band like so

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 23
Holy hell, that's really good work.

What amused me further was the fact that the maker made the extra effort and hiked out to the beach with it to take sexy photos of it.

I can see it now...Head-Fi'ers brushing past the swimsuit calendars for the headphone stand ones for 2010.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 23
Sweet work indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom

What amused me further was the fact that the maker made the extra effort and hiked out to the beach with it to take sexy photos of it.

Maybe swt61 has a house on the beach?
tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #10 of 23
Oh damn! I just looked at the pics again and noticed that I know exactly where that is!!!

Oct 3, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner
The K1000 is single exit and will sit in the middle. The other headphones will simply have the cords draped down the side of the stand. I forgot to mention that he also made me wooden caps for my headphiled K340s that match the stand they will sit on.

You might want to consider hanging them by the rods, so the elastics don't have to bear the entire weight. The stand part on top is thin enough to allow that.

swt61 do you think you could come up with something to hold a lone K1000? I'm not sure what would go with a bright red band :p
k1000smile.gif

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
swt61 do you think you could come up with something to hold a lone K1000? I'm not sure what would go with a bright red band :p
k1000smile.gif

I bet an ebony stand would look rather hot with the K1000's
smily_headphones1.gif

Steve,

Sweet mother of pearl, man. That is just some fine craftsmanship on those stands.

Oct 3, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Sweet work indeed.

Maybe swt61 has a house on the beach?
tongue.gif

I'm not right on the beach, but it's about 1/4 mile down the road. It took me more time to set the table up, than to drive there. When you live 40 years in Alaska you look for the other extreme. Oh and Jeff, I did get some bikini clad girls come up and ask all about the stand. It's not a cute puppy, but it was a conversation starter. I must admit I told them it would work great for necklaces too. Maybe they'll drop by the shop sometime.
cool.gif

This stand was so much fun to make, mostly thanks to Jeff. He basically opened his wallet, said "take what you need, and do whatever you want". What more could you want in a client!
tongue.gif
He also mentioned that he had a spot cleared for it. I have a feeling he'll have to do some more clearing, 'cause this is one very big stand. It's 24" wide X 19" high X 8" deep.

He was also gracious enough to allow me to take it to the Austin meet coming up this Saturday, in case any of you attending would like to see it up close. I'll be standing guard looking for anything harder than foam rubber coming near it though!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back