My new Sony MZ-RH910 (pictures)
Apr 11, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwerbrou
can someone please repost those pcitures? i can't wait to see some real life pics of the unit!
bart
eggosmile.gif

Yeah... sorry they disappeared... here you go:

and for size comparrison:

Apr 11, 2005 at 8:38 AM Post #18 of 27
It's interesting how Sony promotes it as being an mp3 player of sorts......Looks like a winner!

Apr 12, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #19 of 27
if you have the time/energy could u possibly post a pic with the screen on? i dont trust the stock sony pics :p

Apr 12, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #21 of 27
A quick question - could you verify whether or not the player comes with the HD digital amp? I ask because at buyrite electronics it says the RH10 comes with the HD digital amp, was wondering if the same holds for the 910 (or perhaps it's a mistake on buyrite's part). If it does, then I'm guessing it should hold up quite well as a player, despite being meant as a recorder. Zappa74, could you give some quick impressions about sound quality vs your Karma?

Apr 12, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 27
Neither the RH10 or the 910 comes with the HD Digital amp. If you want the High Definition Digital Amp, you'll need to buy an NH1. Reports of the RH10 and 910 having the HD amp are false.

Sound quality vs my Karma... I dont know. It sounds good. I play ogg on my Karma, so I can't really compare those to the few mp3s I've loaded on my 910 for testing.

I'm not into the whole 'this player sounds so much better than this one' scene. Unless there is some glaring flaw in the sound reproduction, I'm fine with it.
cool.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #23 of 27
most recent pic doesnt show up but oh well, i'll order one on friday
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for your help zappa

Apr 12, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #24 of 27
Lots of information on the new HD-MD models can be found at
minidisc.org.
It's confirmed that they don't have the HD-amp. But it doesn't matter as most user report that it doesn't make that much of a notable difference versus the regular digital amp.

Apr 13, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #25 of 27
Okay, thanks for the info. I have to say, I've never really considered buying a md player before, but I thought they were still limited to 1x transfer speeds with Atrac only. Hearing about plug-and-play compatibility, cheap 1GB discs, and MP3 support makes the whole thing a lot more appealing to me (good looks and excellent recording capabilities are a nice bonus, although I realize those were supposed to be the selling points of the format
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back