My new Shure E4c
Nov 1, 2006 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lmf22

1000+ Head-Fier
After saving up for almost 2 months I finally got them! I just wanted to say Earphonesolutions.com is a great place to buy from. I was surprised at their shipping speed. I placed the order Monday morning and it was shipped by the afternoon, received them Wednesday morning!

It took me a while to get the right fit, and took some practice putting them on since I'm not used to putting the wires behind my ears. But once I got the right fit (small soft sleeve) everything came alive. Clarity is amazing, and bass is fuller compared to my old Ety 6i. It's also easier to distinguish between different instruments. It's definitely worth the price.

Nov 1, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 16
That's great! I hope you enjoy them.
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 16
they are great IEMs.. Might not be perfect, but good enough for me (unlike f.i. the E3). I enjoy them everyday for a year now, clear but no fatigue, and very musical.
I hope you'll be as happy with them as I am.

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmf22
After saving up for almost 2 months I finally got them!

Congrats. I love the way the cable routes behind your ears/head. I wore mine today for 6 hours listening to my HiMD player...beautiful sound and high comfort level.

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 16
Congrats on your purchase. I love my E4's too. I've had them for a year now, and they're my ultimate portable solution (well, until I get into custom IEMs of course, but that's a given here on head-fi, hehe). After a while you get so used to the cable going over your ears you won't even notice the E4 is there! And the overall comfort of IEMs with over-the-ear cables is far above the comfort level of regular earbuds (IMO of course).

Nov 1, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Congrats. I love the way the cable routes behind your ears/head. I wore mine today for 6 hours listening to my HiMD player...beautiful sound and high comfort level.

QFT. Over / around the ear is by far the best way to route the cable. Plus it diminishes microphonics...

Ply

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #9 of 16
This may surprise you, but the E4 is significantly more detailed than the ER6i. The overall sound is also more refined and the mids are smoother. IMHO, the E4 is a major improvement over the ER6i.

Dec 8, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #13 of 16
The E4c definitely had the richer and more prominent bass. However, I never thought the ER6i were bass anaemic. I can't remember which had better bass definition or extension because it's been at least a few months since I had them.

Dec 8, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaztastic116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you do a bit of a comparison between the er6i and e4? i currently have the etymotics and am thinking of upgrading. (i blame you, headfi.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaztastic116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the bass of the er6i compare with the e4?

I'm on a college budget and I had to sell my ER6i before I can get the E4c, so I can't compare them side by side. However, when I first put on the E4c it is every obvious the bass is much better, the soundstage seems a bit wider, and more details came out.

This is the most expensive headphones I've ever got. Even my Senn HD 595 cost $40 less, but I think it was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back