My new portable system sound crap - Why :(
Mar 5, 2007 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Chopha

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Folks!

For about 1 month ago I got my Go-Vibe V5 with AD8620/8610 op-amps mounted and now a problem has occurred.
The amp works crap at all volumes except the really low.When the volume knob is between 7 ('o clock) and up, a buzzing sound occurs and remains there. If I listen to music and the high pitch buzz starts, and then quickly pulls my interconnect out with my headphones still plugged in, the buzz continues for another 5 seconds till it dies.
If I have my Ipod on pause and connecter to the amp, and starts to raise and lower the volume, the buzz occurs and changer from clicking to buzz back and forth. The same buzzing sound happens if I pull the Ipod connector on my interconnect half way out of the Ipod while still playing music - whieeee buzz buzz buzz whieeee...and so on.

Does anyone have a clue on what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance…
/Chopha

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 10
I've trien another interconnect that I've made, and it is the same thing when I pause my Ipod and turns tha volume knob up and down.

/Chopha

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 10
I'd first check if it is under powered. My RA-1 does exactly the same thing just before the batteries die.

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #6 of 10
Sorry about your problem... this sounds like an oscillation issue to me. Most of the time it is the amp that's at fault, although if your cable is too capacitive it might cause the problem as well. Have you tried pulling out the cable on the amplifier end while music is playing and see if you hear the oscillation you described? If there is oscillation and no cable is attached then you know the problem is in your amplifier.

I'll leave the problem solving to the gurus, but perhaps swapping in new op-amps would be the easiest fix to try. If you don't get any responses here you might want to post this in the DIY forum, people there tend to be a bit more technically savvy.
icon10.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 10
HAHAHA, I'm so happy, cannot stop bursting out in laughter.
I instantly slammed in a fresh battery and WHAM! - the noise was gone.
I almost started to cry the minute before I got the reply.
Thank you for the help, have got to celebrate with some Queen now.
-“Bicycle! Bicycle! Bicycle! I want to ride my…” (ahh fresh battery sounds nice!)

600smile.gif

/Chopha "the happy dude"

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it has happened to the best of us....

glad its ok, ive been there all to often...

Yes it has, felt like a fool and then I started to laugh!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back