My "New" player: Modded Cowon X5L!
May 13, 2015 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

katulu

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry for no pics... but no outside difference anyway...

Basically a while back I bought a replacement battery for my 30GB X5L which had died years ago. Got it up and running, but realized that hard disk was NOT playing nice - interference from my phone and ESPECIALLY when charging was pretty bad, as I combined it with an Arrow 4G amp. So I read up a bit on the web, and ended up ordering a 128 GB SSD. I tried but could not get the original firmware to work, so I Rockboxed it. Now for the last mod, I am planning to get the second battery (the X5Ls had 2, I only got the bigger one, 2200mAh, now to get the 1100 mAh one).

SO with the SSD, I have 120 GB, runs nice and fast with Rockbox, couples great with the Arrow 4G! When I get the new battery, hopefully I will have 3300 mAh to run around (which is great because it does take a long while to charge, though now with the charger on there's no interference so no problem). I usually use my GS5 as source but always have to use airplane mode to stop the interference with the amp, so it's nice to have a "grab and go" solution for my daily walks and office use....and use the GS5 with my Hugo when I don't want to be bothered anyway...

If Cowon made a successor to the Z2 I would buy it... now that Samsung stuck a knife in my back by not having removable battery or expandable mem on the GS6... :frowning2:

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back