My new pair of SR80i's
Nov 23, 2013 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jpalenzuela

Head-Fier
Hello to everyone,
My new pair of grados just arrived yesterday, I'm impressed with sound quality, its amazing for its price. However this cans have a huge Con, is the comfort.
This headphones are extremely itchy, these are the most itchy thing I have ever put on my ears, only 3 seconds after I put them on my ears they start to itch a LOT. I've tried putting them in different positions but nothing, how could I make them more comfortable and less itchy?
Any advice is welcome

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello to everyone,
My new pair of grados just arrived yesterday, I'm impressed with sound quality, its amazing for its price. However this cans have a huge Con, is the comfort.
This headphones are extremely itchy, these are the most itchy thing I have ever put on my ears, only 3 seconds after I put them on my ears they start to itch a LOT. I've tried putting them in different positions but nothing, how could I make them more comfortable and less itchy?
Any advice is welcome

Two solutions:

1. Washing the earpads makes them softer and smoother. Dissolve a little baby soap in a large bowl of lukewarm water. Take the earpads off your Grados and soak them in the water for 8-12 hours. Rinse them thoroughly in cold water. Dry them most of the way by pressing them gently between paper towels. Then lay them out flat to dry the rest of the way. They dry faster than you'd expect: 3-4 hours. After using them for a few days, repeat if necessary.

2. Buy L-cushions. They don't itch, but you they might fit uncomfortably depending on your ears. Note: they also change the sound somewhat, which is a matter of preference.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new Grados.

P.S. John Grado said that the sound will change with 50 hours of burn in on normal volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back