My New Office Rig (PIMETA)
Jul 10, 2005 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

n_maher

Resistorous Conflagorous
So, my GF is a bit under the weather today so rather than sit and watch her sleep on the couch I decided to fire up the iron and see if I could actually finish some of the projects I've got going. I looked at a Millett I'm building and decided I've built entirely too many of those latey, I looked at the 100% complete MINT that I have waiting to go in a case and could muster the power to do anything and finally my eyes fell upon the bare PIMETA board that I've had in a box for a bit. Then it hit me, I've been hating life at work lately (amp wise) mostly because I've been using a battery powered MINT. Don't get me wrong the MINT is a nice little amp but opening the case every couple days to change batteries couple with the fact that one of my 6mo old plainviews died a few weeks ago had me frustrated. Then I looked slightly to the left and said the two TREAD kits and it all started coming together fast. After rifling through the spare parts box I had everything I needed and set down to work.

4hrs later I'm listening to this:

large.jpg

Link to front and back panel pics.

It's a class A biased, single buffer per channel PIMETA running off of a 23.45V (just for fun) TREAD w/ the AD8620/10 combo and a gain of 3. PS caps are some 330uF Panny FM's that I've had sitting around for a while and everything else is pretty much the stock value. It's the first wooden case I've used and I must say that given how easy wood is to work I might not be going back to metal any time soon. Anyway, it was nice to actually finish something for a change as some of my other projects have been "active" for the better part of 4 months now.

That's it for now.

Nate

Jul 11, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
Beautiful! How do you keep your desk so clean?
biggrin.gif

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha, that's my desk at home. My desk at work is another story altogether!

Jul 11, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by USER NAME:
Wood rocks!!

Yeah, and for those of you not in Boston this weekend this is how I temporarily cased up my M3, it's the bottom of the stack on the left.

45968793.jpg

Jul 11, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #7 of 7
Nate-0! Nice work, man! Juan would be proud!
biggrin.gif

Let us know how it sounds once you break it in. I'll bet it rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back