My new headphone amp - All FET Discrete Class-A and low noise dual mono supplies
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

algar_emi

New Head-Fier
Hi. Here on of my newest project. It is a fully dual mono all discrete FET headphone amplifier in Class-A. Real Class-A at 100ma per supply, and channel. With supplies of +/-18V it is really cooking

It sounds superb, perfectly silent with dual fully discrete low noise regulators with CRC pre-filters. The case was made by Front Panel Express, side wood panels in exotic Padouk wood with oil finish.

The circuit is DC coupled, with no coupling capacitor in the signal path. A servo takes care of the circuit small

thermal drift.

Here the prototype pictures  

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 2
And the completed amp. It is using great parts everywhere Furutech AC power inlet, Non-magnetic line noise filter (aka Ayre es filter), Low noise vibration decoupled dual toroid transformers, Philips/Vishay huge pre-filter caps, Wima, Nichicon KG/Muse, CDE and Vishay caps, Caddock MK132 and Vishay CMF55 film resistors, Noble volume pot, Canare power & Mogami audio cables, 6N single crystal copper hookup wires, Cardas and Amphenol connectors and the classic blue led power on indicator. The power section is all assembled point-to-point. I did my own PCB. Ventilation holes can be seen on the back. You cannot see it but there is bitumen vibration absorbing pad under the top cover.

It is real statement amp, top of its class. Difficult to do better I guest...

Even the bottom is nice, with vibration decoupling feet, laser trim ventilation holes and concealed power-on switch.

Sorry no schematic. This is a design is copyright and I cannot disclose any details. This circuit can also be used as a preamp, single-ended or balanced. I posted the images to show an example of a case and possible assembly layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back