My new gym mp3 player - Sansa Clip (1GB), $13.99 Shipped
Dec 11, 2008 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

the_dong146

100+ Head-Fier
Dec 12, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #6 of 20
I've ordered 4 Clips so far. I bought a new 4gb for $60 a while ago to replace a broken Nano and I liked it enough I bought a new $30 2gb for running and for the gym. Recently, I bought a 2gb pink refurb for $20 off woot.com, a new pair of pink Senn cx300's for $15 from Buy.com, and a pair of Koss KSC75's for $5.47 at Radio Shack for my little niece for Xmas. Lastly, I bought the same refurbished 1gb Clip as the OP linked to for my dad and I'm going to load it up up all those classic oldies from the 50's and 60's he likes so much, he's gonna love that! I also got him a pair of KSC75's. Anyway, they make a great presents.
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 20
Received mine today. Comes wrapped in bubble wrap along with earbuds and short usb cable. A few light scratches and quarter inch "R" stamped on the back to indicate it's refurbished. Overall I think it's a heck of a good buy.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 20
Random question - I know the Fuze is praised for the audio quality - how does the Clip stack up to that... Any thoughts how it would compare to a Zune 80?

Looking forward to having them...

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 20
I bought one for everyone on my list and I'm going to fill each with music my family and friends will like.

Easy holiday shopping! Who wouldn't love to have a Clip?

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dong146 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Random question - I know the Fuze is praised for the audio quality - how does the Clip stack up to that... Any thoughts how it would compare to a Zune 80?

Looking forward to having them...

Almost identical sound quality between the clip and fuze (same chipset), and it stacks up against the zune 80 very well indeed
icon10.gif
Different sound sig. but very high quality like the zune. I bought a couple off the black friday sale at BB, they do make excellent gifts.

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Any thoughts how it would compare to a Zune 80?

I have a Zune 30, but I've never heard the 80.

My clip hisses audibly, but not that much, with my Senn cx300's and I can see how it would be undesireable to some. There's no hiss with my Koss KSC75 headphones or HD201. With my Zune, there's no hiss with the cx300 or it's too low for me to notice.

Overall, I think the clip sounds more fun than my Zune 30. To put it another way, it's the one I go for when I wakeup and make breakfast. It's also amped with a FiiO E3, which goes nicely with my Koss KSC75.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #12 of 20
this would make a nice gift, how easy is it to use? could someone that is completely computer illiterate figure out how to manage music on it? and which software is recommended?

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this would make a nice gift, how easy is it to use? could someone that is completely computer illiterate figure out how to manage music on it? and which software is recommended?

It's pretty easy on Vista. I plug the Clip into my PC's USB port, open Windows Explorer and drag all the music I want into the Clips "Music" sub directory. When I want to make a playlist, I right click on a song in my Clip and chosee "Create Playlist" and rename it "Test" or something. Finally, I open the playlist file and drag songs from the Clip into the playlist window and rearrange the order in which they play. It's a piece of cake.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #14 of 20
Curious.. The link to Buy.com in the first post indicates the price is dependent on an instant rebate for paying with Paypal, but if you just search for "sansa clip" on the same site you get the same price without needing the rebate or Paypal.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dong146 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just an FYI for those who are interested. Maybe a stocking stuffer?

SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player 1GB Black Refurbished - Clip 1GB Black - Buy.com

Obviously a little too low capacity for most of us - think that's ~3, maybe 4 FLAC albums?? But at least the price was finally right for my Creative Muvo NX to be retired!

I don't need flac on a portable so I get about 10 albums on my 1 gig clip. [lame MP3 -v0] That's more than enough to keep me amused on breaks at work. And I can easily keep it and a set of earbuds in my pocket all day long.

I have larger players (capacity and size) and I don't use them nearly as much as my sweet little Clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back