my new G&W tw-2006x integrated amplifier!
Oct 21, 2006 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

robert1325

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, I recently got my new integrated amp from ornec ( in china) ...

So far it's amazing, it cost me less then my cambridge 640A amp but it's a night and day difference between the two!

I drive my B&W dm603s3's with it, and my source is a bolder modified squeezebox. With the cambridge I had very boomy bass, nothing of that now! Everything has improved , soundstaging, depth, details, dynamics... It's unbelievable!

I like the look to... So , if you're looking for a cheap integrated amp, this one is great
blink.gif

http://www.ornec.com/product/US/G&W_...ted_amplifier/

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

P1010063.JPG

Oct 21, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #2 of 8
Nice to see a member of GoT here.
wink.gif

I've been following that thread there, definitely looks like great stuff for the price!
I think you said there was a little chip on a corner, do you think that happened during transit or was it straight from the factory like that?

Oct 21, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 8
I think it's a production fault, it was packed very well ( three layers of bubble plastic around the box )

I don't care, Haven't tought about it since I wrote the message on the GoT forum...

You can see it on the pics, left bottom corner...

Oct 21, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 8
Ah right, I didn't notice it. Nothing to worry about really, if the amp performs as it should.
I've been looking at Ornec for the past few days, there are some really nice (headphone related or not) toys on there. The only thing that worries me is the hassle if something doesn't match with the rest of my system.

Oct 21, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 8
Yes , that's the big gamble , I took it and I'm lucky, it's a pefect match in my system... It's good with B&W 801 to, but with the wadia 23 it totally sucks....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Stupid, I'm not in the US, this means people in the US need a step-down transformer, I'm so stupid

well: http://www.ornec.com/product/US/Voltage_Convertor/
Still a good amp anyway...

This amp caused quite a stir on a dutch forum, it's suposed to be better as the dussun ds99... The designer of this amp also designed the famous G&W tw 2.6 F tube headphone amp...
600smile.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 8
Can't beat that Chinese sound quality for low bucks.

I owned and loved the G&W T2.6F which I got for $355 total air shipped (I got the 110V USA version instead of the European version but the cost is the same).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back