My new enclosure.... MUAHAHA!
Nov 25, 2002 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
I found the perfect enclosure for the amps I hope to build and sell:

http://www.gunvault.com/mini_vault.html#

I think Q would be proud
biggrin.gif

The only problem is I think my parents and school might get a little worried....

very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #3 of 12
Here is my favorite part:

Quote:

Motion detector with audio alarm helps guard against direct tampering.

Nov 25, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 12
Seriously...do you think the enclosure would be usable? Would it make you are likely to buy an amp?

Nov 25, 2002 at 8:32 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
Seriously...do you think the enclosure would be usable? Would it make you are likely to buy an amp?

me? hell no.

but given the number of gun nuts trolling google for sites who would bump into your amp's site... who is to say you won't sell 5 or a 100. people like their paraphernalia. there's quite an industry selling replica swords. there's an outfit selling couches made from a fibreglass replica of the back end of a corvetter. and the guy who suggested putting cheap plastic flamigos on your lawn as an impovement got rich.

if you can afford to lose some money if it goes nowhere, then go ahead. you'll at least learn some things. call the loss tuition and carry on.

Nov 27, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 12
Nov 27, 2002 at 7:51 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Squalish
What, where, and how much, is that? Oh, and since its a restoration site, when?

60 year old avionics direction finder. Part of the nice kit linked below. It's the only electronics I've seen using a crossed meter. Like any equiment of that conflict, there would have been a lot of these on post-war surplus market going for nothing, so i'm a little surprised the aesthetic idea wasn't tried out at least a few times in cabinet design. Ever seen it? Sort of thing I'd expect on a seventies B&O reel2reel.

http://www.shlrc.mq.edu.au/~robinson/museum/R1155.html

Nov 28, 2002 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 12
Hello,

This is the pitch line.

" ... Well if you don't like a CD, then you have quick access to your 1911, Glock, or any other you prefer and use the CD for target practice ... A perfect headphone amp to use at your very personal shooting range."

What do you think?

Tomo

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #12 of 12
I dare you to:
A)Make a kick-ass tube amp in this(tube=glass=much more impressive)
B)put this at the end of a shooting range
C)paint a target on it
D)shoot a thousand rounds of your favorite handgun into it and
E)then ask the company that makes it for sponsorship opportunities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back