My new dymanic amp, w/ pics!
Sep 1, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #36 of 60
Don't bother with those, for $7.50 more you can get the Cardas GRFA, which are a much better jack that are waay waay easier to work with (the nut's on the outside, not the inside, so you can solder to them before casing the amp, and remove the PCB without desoldering the jacks... also, for soldering ground connections, if you solder them first before casing them you won't have the case acting like a big heatsink that makes it impossible to get a good joint.)

Sep 2, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #39 of 60
Hmm... I was led astray by the request for Cardas gold-plated jacks - the GRFA are silver/rhodium plated, it's the CTFA that are gold plated.

Sep 2, 2002 at 1:34 AM Post #40 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by qwerty870
Antness,
On headwize you mentioned you might sell the boards or kits. Are you still considering this?

qwerty,

Will I sell boards or kits? Maybe. That's a business decision I have to make judging the size of the DIY community vs. the ppl who purchase assembled amplifiers.

[size=xx-small]01:11 EST -- Edited by jude to remove ad content.[/size]

Sep 3, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #41 of 60
eric343> I was thinking the same thing as i also use the Style of RCA jack artness uses and it is indeed a real hassel to have to unsolder the jack wires to remove the Board. The Cardis i can get localy and Cardis is hear in OR. Cool

Sep 3, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #43 of 60
ppl,

I am building more of these amps to send out to be reviewed. They will use molex connectors for easy removable of the board.

BTW - you're welcome to a prototype

Sep 3, 2002 at 6:27 AM Post #45 of 60
Quote:

I want to mention that yesterday I went back to the META42 amp after 10 days of listening only to the dynamic amp. The difference really is night and day considering they are both excellent amps. The META42 is noticably a lot colder and harsher and less detailed than the dynamic amp.

That's a completely meaningless comparison if you don't also tell us the META42's configuration. What op-amp did you use, what model and size of capacitors, what buffers, how many per channel, what power supply, etc? And, have you tried powering the META42 from that Gilmore power supply?

In another thead you brushed off a similar question with a "go do a search for my previous post" type of reply, but that's no answer. We don't know if you've changed the amp since you wrote that previous post and we don't know when we've found the right post. I hope you're interested in shedding some light on these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back