My new Denon AH-D2000s only play from the left phone?
Jun 5, 2008 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Shlonglor

100+ Head-Fier
I just got these from in mail today, bought from eBay.

I connected them to a few devices, and nothing I do changes the fact that only the left phone produces any sound. I connected them using the normal jack (without the larger adapter). Is is possible that I'm missing something or are they just faulty? I want to make sure before I return them. (bah. 50$ for shipping, 85$ for customs)

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 9
If they are faulty, you make the seller pay shipping. The seller should cover ALL shipping charges, plus a full refund.
Let the seller know whats up first, though. Perhaps mention negative feedback if he/she does not comply within X amount of days/weeks, but only if they ignore you the first email, or simply wont cover shipping.

Jun 5, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Loose screws, loose earpads, loose balance. I'm not sure if I still want those Denon headphones.
By the way, my Denon pre-amp has the same problem. Sometimes, when I plug in on the headphone socket, I only get sound from one channel.
Denon: great sound, poor build.

Jun 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 9
Gah, this sucks. Guess I'll spend more time with the indestructible HD280s.

Jun 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #6 of 9
Should I attempt to explore any solution before going through the painful process of returning them? Could it be something really simple like a dislodged cable or whatever?

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 9
I think you should return them. Use the warrenty.
When you try to repair them, there's a serious risk of loosing the warrenty.
BTW, have you tried them on another source?
Have you plugged the jack all the way in?

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 9
At what point is warranty lost?

I have tried multiple sources and stuck the jack in all the way through (I have experience with hard to plug devices... ).

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shlonglor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At what point is warranty lost?

I have tried multiple sources and stuck the jack in all the way through (I have experience with hard to plug devices... ).

At the point that the manufactor can see that the headphone has been opened, or other signs for which they can blame you.
But maybe someone has some idea how to fix it? I don't.
I'm in the proces of ordering a D2000, so I hope I won't have the same problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back