my new cable for akg k240 mkii
Mar 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JBal4

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody I am new to the whole diy and pretty much good quality headphones, so sorry if this is a dumb question. I am getting together the parts to make a new cable for my AKG k240s and I am looking for a 3.5mm connector. I was looking at the nuetrik 3 pole, but then I saw a set of 5 off brand connectors for the same price as 1 nuetrik. The problem is that the other connectors are 4 pole and a was not sure if I could use them with only 3 wires?  I read on another thread about someone grinding the separator on a 4 pole to make it work with a 3 pole ext. cable, would I have to do the same?

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Mar 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 4
A 4 pole plug is a balanced plug. If you connect that one to anything that doesn't support that you will only have sound in one channel. I have the RE-ZERO and those have that 4 ring plug by default. You need an adaptor for normal usage. Just get the 3 ring plug. :)

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks just ordered the 3 pole plug, cables, mini-xlr connector, and a sleeve. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I just finished the cable for my akg k240mkii got the new pads on them too, they look and sound awesome. I will post pictures once my account will allow me to. thanks again for the help HolyCheese.  
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back