My NEW (but old) Marantz PM-75 in Champagne turned up all the way from Italy today :-) . . .
Sep 16, 2011 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

khushy

New Head-Fier
On eBay I recently found a Marantz PM-75 Amp in Champagne that was described as MINT and happily paid the asking price - it was sent on the 6th and arrived today MAN its heavy.

Carefully packed and arrived totally undamaged - opened it up - changed the power plug for a UK one and away we went - WOW its awesome - it is MINT not a scratch which considering its about 20 years old and has been shipped via a courier is amazing and it sounds beautiful too - I have already done a full test.

Here is a link to the seller's shop - I cannot recommend them enough - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/alexstore-web?_trksid=p4340.l2563 

In 1987 I bought (brand new) a PM-75 and a CD-85, I still have the original CD-85 and its still going strong but the PM-75 blew up about 10 years ago so I am glad to have another in its place.

Now all I have to find is NICE new cabinet to put all the stuff in - PM-75 + CD-85 + Cambridge Audio iD100 + satellite box!

khushy

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

I have a PM75 - I loved it. It's blown something and I cant get it fixed economically. A damn shame - because it was a such a smooth and powerful beast.

I keep mine in a cupboard - just in the hope I may miraculously find someone who can repair it for less than what I paid for it in 1989. I bought it direct from my dealer in Melbourne, Australia.

Enjoy the 75's sound.

OldNAvy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back