My nephew of 11 wants to buy airpods -Advice
Feb 20, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 22
Well, im not his parent. Like someone else said in this topic. You can give your advice, but let him make his own mistakes.
I agree after hearing you guys. It would be too expensive for a 11 year old, with the purpose he has in mind with the budget he has.
Who's buying one for him? For his purposes the airpods are very overpriced.

Feb 21, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 22
Who's buying one for him? For his purposes the airpods are very overpriced.
He is using his own saved money. I just spoke to him, he is back from holiday. Like I thought. He is stubborn and wants what he wants. (boy haven't we been all this way)

So now thequestion is airpods gen 1 vs airpods gen 2. I think I believed I read gen 1 was better in sound quality.. but ofc he wants gen 2... Ugh lol kids

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #18 of 22
He is using his own saved money. I just spoke to him, he is back from holiday. Like I thought. He is stubborn and wants what he wants. (boy haven't we been all this way)

So now thequestion is airpods gen 1 vs airpods gen 2. I think I believed I read gen 1 was better in sound quality.. but ofc he wants gen 2... Ugh lol kids
Except we kept bugging and bothering we wanted the stuff that were actually used for gaming like Gameboy systems(I loved this) Nintendo 64, and Playstation. Although I never liked consoles when I was a kid haha. There are also whole lot more toys too and were playing outside too. Now these days, airpods is the new black and toy for kids... Not to forget the iPhones and also the latest gen just to use snapchat, instagram and for the meme...

But at the age of 11? I can't remember how earphones and headphones sound like but we had to carry that casette-player with us if we wanted to listen to music. WITH 4X OR MORE NON-RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES!!!! Batteries were damn expensive too.

From the searches it looks like the gen1 are exactly the same as gen2 in terms of design. The prices are probably not the same lol

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #20 of 22
Except we kept bugging and bothering we wanted the stuff that were actually used for gaming like Gameboy systems(I loved this) Nintendo 64, and Playstation. Although I never liked consoles when I was a kid haha. There are also whole lot more toys too and were playing outside too. Now these days, airpods is the new black and toy for kids... Not to forget the iPhones and also the latest gen just to use snapchat, instagram and for the meme...

But at the age of 11? I can't remember how earphones and headphones sound like but we had to carry that casette-player with us if we wanted to listen to music. WITH 4X OR MORE NON-RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES!!!! Batteries were damn expensive too.

From the searches it looks like the gen1 are exactly the same as gen2 in terms of design. The prices are probably not the same lol
Yes. Different times. Though he does want a PS4 too haha.
I built him a pc with the new AMD processor for internal graphics. which can actually play fortnite and minecraft really nice without dedicated videocard.
But he still needs an actual harddisk for more games and a dedicated videocard. He says he will buy it. But never comes around to buying it..
His pc is not done even and then goes buying apple airpods.. Sigh lol

I got my ps1 because I entered a content at my uncle insurance company when I was around my newphew's age. I guessed the amount of damage the car had within a very small amount.(totaled car was up for display) Thus I could afford console gaming!

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #21 of 22
Airpods 2 has a slightly better sound quality, supports BT 5.0, better chipset H1, slightly longer talk time (3 hrs vs 2hr), and noticeably better interfaces with Apple devices. If I was buying one, I would get Airpods 2. Remember what is was like being pre-teen at 11? It would be very difficult to talk 11 year old out of what he is on his mind. Unless you are actually the kid's parent, we can merely inform him with his options and allow him to learn from his choices at best as a distant relative. Of course, let him actually hear and use the Airpods for intended use, then showing alternative options would be the best way to inform the kid. Unfortunately, such method is not always available including this case since the original poster does have Airpods.

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #22 of 22
Yes. Different times. Though he does want a PS4 too haha.
I built him a pc with the new AMD processor for internal graphics. which can actually play fortnite and minecraft really nice without dedicated videocard.
But he still needs an actual harddisk for more games and a dedicated videocard. He says he will buy it. But never comes around to buying it..
His pc is not done even and then goes buying apple airpods.. Sigh lol

I got my ps1 because I entered a content at my uncle insurance company when I was around my newphew's age. I guessed the amount of damage the car had within a very small amount.(totaled car was up for display) Thus I could afford console gaming!
PS4 is fine, it's used as multimedia home console like playing games but it's way too restricted. Pc all the way. Harddisks are cheap these days. And pc games are cheaper too. Got my The Crew 2 Season Pass for €21 while it sells for €99(!)

He wants to play fortnite while his pc is not done and yet he wants apple airpods? Logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back