My name is Ed, and I am a Night Owl / Insomniac.
Oct 31, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #166 of 239
I usually find that once i get into a real bad habit, the only way to help me screw with my body clock is to chuck an all nighter, mayb with friends maybe at home, but NOT sleep untill the evening. I find that sleeping around noon following staying up all night will just mean im fully charged by the night again lol

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:17 AM Post #167 of 239
I, too, am a night owl. Although I love sleeping, I can't bring myself to lay in bed before 2am, and usually I think about sleeping around 3:30 (not quite as late as Ed). It's so quiet, so peaceful, and I enjoy music and movies a lot more when it gets later. Amazingly, I'm 22, and I still sometimes feel like I'm "breaking the rules" when I go to bed as the sun is coming up. Nevermind that I've gone to bed pretty late since I was about 14 or 15... Everything is better when it's dark out, and I'd rather give up mornings forever. There's just something special about the night.

Nov 18, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #168 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by gradofan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's just something special about the night.

1. Made a couple of cigar selections for the weekend.
2. Read a few posts / posted
3. Decided that the next millionaire is the person that opens up a chain of night-only entertainment facilities geared toward insomniacs. Gaming Room, Cigar Bar, Poker, Pool, Mini Theater, Headphone Listening, Wine Bar, Cognac sipping and Air Hockey

Nov 18, 2006 at 8:34 AM Post #169 of 239
It's 3:40AM here. I am wide awake. I wish there was more to do at night, because I really love it and feel more alive at night.

Nov 18, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #170 of 239
At the moment the reason is loud and clear: I've had tinnitus in my left ear for the past 1-1/2 weeks
mad.gif
It has gone from a loud whining (like a TV) to a dull hiss, so it seems to be improving. As I am usually bothered by small sounds, I have always been careful with listening level and my hearing in general because of the possibility of getting tinnitus, so it was quite a shock when it randomly appeared last week.

The appeal of the night has always been that nobody else is around and you have hours and hours to yourself to do whatever you want in peace and quiet. Of course, it can get rather lonely, as even other people on IRC aren't as hardcore as me
wink.gif
Getting up in the morning is a real bitch, but I often end up taking a brief nap in the afternoon/evening if I really haven't had enough sleep.

What really does bother me is waking up in the middle of the night or late evening (when it's dark). I have asked other people about this, and the general consensus is that it's fairly depressing. I guess I just don't like the idea that I've wasted a whole afternoon sleeping and now have to stay up all night alone.

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #171 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What really does bother me is waking up in the middle of the night or late evening (when it's dark). I have asked other people about this, and the general consensus is that it's fairly depressing. I guess I just don't like the idea that I've wasted a whole afternoon sleeping and now have to stay up all night alone.

Why not try Rozerem? It seems to be non-addictive and works well. Why am I not sleeping? I'm addicted to Star Trek and Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #172 of 239
awake and working...3:50 am...dang...

Dec 2, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #173 of 239
I have becomed a night owl recently.

WHen I started college I had classes in the morning, so I usually went to bed around 11PM. In the 2nd year of college I started afternoon classes until now s I started to get to be later, usually around 1AM. At the moment I don't have any classes, and am working self employed until January(when I leave for the US). So I am now staying up until 3AM almost everyday.

Dec 3, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #174 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awake and working...3:50 am...dang...

lol you posted that when i woke up - next time i'll remember to check head-fi first thing!

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #175 of 239
*raises hand*

I find the night fascinating. I love to walk around when nobody is around and most people are sound asleep (luckily I live in a city with a low crime rate so I'm not too worried). I often find myself fully awake and at the top of my efficiency when the sun sets.

I also hate the morning. Therefore, if given the chance, I'll happily go to sleep at sunrise and wake up in the early afternoon.

I'm hoping I manage to find a work-from-home job, or if I can't at least something that's done by night.

Many people tell me I'm crazy to want to work in the wee hours, but I tell them I find myself much more at ease with that than with waking up at 7.30 in the morning to start working at 9.

My girlfriend calls me a vampire. :p

Dec 4, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #176 of 239
How many people here would really want to be on a normal sleep schedule?

Also, how many of you are regularly physically active (ie, exercise). I used to be a pretty bad insomniac, but after my heart attack I've been on a consistent walking and exercise regimen and I've noticed it's much easier to go to bed at a normal hour (before midnight) than when I was not exercising.

Dec 5, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #177 of 239
VAMPIRES....all of you. Just kidding, I work overnights on 12 hour shifts. We usually switch nights too days after a month so my body never knows when it's supposed to be sleeping. When in night mode I try not to change hours on my days off so I usually play Call Of Duty 2 all night(someone is playing somewhere in the world at all times). Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #178 of 239
Just came back from work, very energy drained, and i cant sleep O_O

Damit, the internet is so full of wonderful info and learning stuffs...and thingsss but i cant find anything new T_T

Feb 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #180 of 239
Ive come to the conclusion that the only way i can get myself to sleep (consistently) is to have good sex. Your tired after, satisfied, and relaxed, it can only lead to sleep
biggrin.gif

Damit i wish my girlfriend would get back from overseas
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back