My Musiland M-10 Arrived! 56K!!
May 1, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #46 of 72
eMail him. He responds very quickly to emails.

May 1, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #47 of 72
What I don't like: Even after modding I do not like its more front presentation of upper mids. Some recordings and loud female voices sometimes give me a feeling that I should adjust sounds with foobar EQ! With HD650, which has laid-back sound this may be a disguised blessing.

Things may improve with further burning! When it hits 250 hours perhaps.

May 1, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #48 of 72
rlanger,

i ordered from yelzin through his email, he didn't reply for a while as he was away on holiday (early last week). However every email since has been responded to quickly..

May 1, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #50 of 72
I think, I need to compare it with STELLO DA100. I have just bought HEADAMP GS-1 and now lack money to buy STELLO. So I may sell M10 and buy Stello. So MD10 may appear in sell section sometimes!!!
eggosmile.gif
If MD10 can give a head on to Stello, I will certainly buy MD10 again for its user friendly features and size.
wink.gif

May 1, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #51 of 72
There has been several PMs regarding the ease and feasibility of doing the mods. As I mentioned earlier, you need fairly good skills in SMD part desoldering and soldering to mod it.
I would be extra-careful when desoldering and removing the capacitors and diodes. The pads are so fragile. The underneath-side of the PCB has ground plane and the leads, which are attached to the opposite pole of the ground plane, are kept separated with the gorund plane with very thin margin. It is easy to short them, if one puts little more solder. If these gets shorted, the ICs will have easy premature demise with no warranty. So after soldering, it is very important to check for short circuits with a meter.
If these pads come off the PCB, it is impossible to solder them to the correct PCB trace.

May 1, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #52 of 72
after mod my MD10 with Rubycon ZL Caps, Vishay SF4007 diodes, LN4562 opamp, and Cardas RCA connector, there is no sound from headphone out. But everything else is fine. I was able to connect line output to my Melody H34II amp. can anyone tell me what it might be wrong with headphone output?

May 1, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #53 of 72
Check the solder joints of two capacitors near the headphone out. They may be getting short with the ground plane.

May 1, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #54 of 72
HOw do you rate the sound, after the Mods thorough the line-out?

May 2, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #56 of 72
Have you tried by-passing AC filter too?

May 3, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #58 of 72
I am just about to sell it to buy a DA100 for comparison and DA100 will compliment my GS-1's form factor better. But I am sad to part with MD10. Unless for money shortage, I wouldn't have sold it. Later I will buy another for my bedside rig.
Now the sound-stage is huge with 3d layering and air. Very sweet beep extended bass. I am pretty impressed with this beauty. I am sure it will give a good competition for DA100.
Most impressive factor is its user-friendliness. It just remembers the user settings and can be forced to output 16 or 24 bit word length.

Quote:

after mod my MD10 with Rubycon ZL Caps, Vishay SF4007 diodes, LN4562 opamp, and Cardas RCA connector, there is no sound from headphone out.

Did you manage to get it working again?

May 4, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #60 of 72
Due to an error in internet ordering, I got duplicated order for parts for modding MD10. So I have one set of parts for modding in excess. I have put it in the sales section for selling as a bundle. I just want to recover the cost only. I am almost broke after the recent adventures in this hobby. If someone needs it just PM me.

It has,

Rubicon ZLH capacitors for all caps
UF4002 Vishay diodes faster than UF4007
LM4562 SOIC opamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back