My MS-1s are here!!!
Feb 8, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #31 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdonly
What's different about the cable? I am asking because I dislike the Y split on my SR60. The way the cups sometimes over-rotate as I take them off and on...I keep feeling like it's going to crimp at the Y split.

Better yet, if someone could take a picture of an MS1/2 cable (both at the Y split and at the terminal) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The two cables (SR60 and MS1) look and act the same. The difference I think is inside the cable. I don't know how to put it, English is difficult when you're about to go to sleep.... Jahn, you explain.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #32 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
The two cables (SR60 and MS1) look and act the same. The difference I think is inside the cable. I don't know how to put it, English is difficult when you're about to go to sleep.... Jahn, you explain.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

No prob! The sleeving and the actual manufacture of the cable, Y, plug, all seem the same - but the actual wire inside that sleeving is upgraded in the MS-1 over the SR60. MAYBE. The secret isn't quite out on that. But the SR60 is...

Standard copper voice coil wire
Standard copper connecting cord

And the MS-1 is...

- UHPLC voice coil wire
- Standard copper connecting cord

So at least you know the driver wire is upgraded. Hmm, who knows, maybe the cable is the same standard copper for both!

Feb 9, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #33 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
No prob! The sleeving and the actual manufacture of the cable, Y, plug, all seem the same - but the actual wire inside that sleeving is upgraded in the MS-1 over the SR60. MAYBE. The secret isn't quite out on that. But the SR60 is...

Standard copper voice coil wire
Standard copper connecting cord

And the MS-1 is...

- UHPLC voice coil wire
- Standard copper connecting cord

So at least you know the driver wire is upgraded. Hmm, who knows, maybe the cable is the same standard copper for both!

I'm pretty sure the cable is the same as the cable upgrade doesn't come until you step up to the MS-2s.

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #34 of 82
Sounds awesome, after I pay off some stuff I think I'll get these for my first home use. I'm either going to go with a cmoy, or ampless.

Not to hijack, but how is the can ampless, and does anyone know if a cmoy will upgrade sound quality?

eggosmile.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #36 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
attachment.php

I just wanted to double-check... is the MS-1 plug always a 1/4", and the adapter version is just MS-1 boxed with a 1/4" -> 1/8" adapter?

As far as I know they come with both plugs. The one in the picture you posted is the one with a 1/8" plug and a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.
It's worded a bit confusing on the site.

Feb 12, 2006 at 9:33 AM Post #37 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
As far as I know they come with both plugs. The one in the picture you posted is the one with a 1/8" plug and a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.
It's worded a bit confusing on the site.

Thank you Lisa.

Feb 12, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #38 of 82
Hey I was checking out the MS1's ... trying to decide if they would be worth the extra $$ over the sr60s unamped to my audigy soundcard that may get upgraded to a Maudio 5.1 or XFi in the future.

Also I just saw that alessandro is advertising a 25% off online orders .... does this apply to the cans too ... 75 shipped would be a steal???

*edit*
Nevermind, it doesn't apply to cans ... damn that fine print is small.

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #39 of 82
They're still supposed to be a good value though. I've recently seen one or two posters mention MS-1 seems to have more detail than SR225s, and without the same level of treble fatigue.

I probably should have saved up for MS-2...

But anyways gee thanks guys MS-1 ordered and hopefully on my head next week.

Feb 14, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #42 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unearthed
To an extent yes...at times I feel like I am sitting 5 feet in front of a singer and their band is 25 feet behind them. But then guitars just came smashing through and cymbals are crashing and it's just really nice to me. The bass is there and it's quality, but my guess is amping these mights bring it out a bit while possibly warming up the highs. I don't really know that for sure...just making a guess.

how long did it take for yours to arrive from the day you ordered it?

how did it ship (ups, etc.?)

Feb 14, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #43 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by litlharsh
Someone with the ms-1's...do tell how they are with rap/hip-hop.

Good. It´s like.. 50 cent standing infront of you and breath at you.

Cant belive how good these sounds.. And it´s was like 4 months since a listening to them.. MAN.. im blowned away again! =D haha. Been using Philips SHP895 for my computer and the Alessandros ms-1 has just laying at my disk. how stupid i was.

Feb 14, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #45 of 82
First off, Congrats on an awesome purchase, but don't forget to thank this spectacular website Head-Fi, because by being here, you will bring yourself to a higher level of understanding, about what it's really all about.

Wait till you hear a pair of Koss KSC-75's! The Bose killers!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back