My Mouser (SS Amp) Order Nightmare
Dec 11, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARwCoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the math ...

Mouser "promised" to send the order on Friday, but shipped it one working day later on Monday, big deal?

USPS "promised" to send you the stuffs in 3 days. You haven't receive it on Wednesday which is the second day, is it even a problem? And even if you don't get it by Thursday, big deal?

Rightful or not, if you are going to be pissed by such trivial matter, you'll certainly have a miserable life ahead of you.

It's normal, deal with it, and there is nothing nightmarish in your experience.

Dec 11, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that I should have to bribe someone to get the service that I already paid for.

It isn't a bribe, it's a thank you for doing a difficult job for little pay where competence goes unnoticed and even the slightest mistake gets people furious at you. I know I wouldn't want to be a UPS person.

I will say that tipping was easier when I lived in a tiny town in upstate NY than here in Chicago where they seem to change people pretty regularly and so I don't get to know the person very well anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by millwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is you.

we even tip our newpaper delivery guy.

I have yet to have a major problem with usps and fedex. ups did recently deliver our package to a neighboring town (which has the same street address as ours) but corrected the very next day.

I think with any of them, you have to budget a little bit of cushion or you run the risk of being disappointed.

I can't believe I agree with Millwood ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsavitsk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say that tipping was easier when I lived in a tiny town in upstate NY than here in Chicago where they seem to change people pretty regularly and so I don't get to know the person very well anymore.

Even in my small city I deal with no fewer than 5 UPS delivery people on a regular basis and in the last 2 years 4 of the 5 have changed. What good is that tip going to do me if that person is there less than 6 months and probably isn't even responsible when things do get dinged. I'm betting it's the sorting folks who do the most damage, not the guy/gal on the truck.

Quote:

I can't believe I agree with Millwood ...
smily_headphones1.gif

In the future please don't quite him, I've taken steps so I don't have to worry about how worthless his comments are.

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #34 of 47
Update ... receiver my package (8"x8"x2") today, exactly ONE WEEK to the day that I ordered online. ... so-much for the 2-3 day delivery claim. Not much I can do about it except to vent my frustrations. What I CAN do about it is to NEVER, NEVER use USPS Priority Mail again. Seems that some people here have had problems and others have not. Depending on what part of the country they live in. I will pay Fedex or UPS in the future.

The shipping label generated by Mouser, does indeed indicate a ship date of Friday. The label also shows a weight of, 1 pound 1 ounce, NOT A CHANCE !
Someone at Mouser made a mistake. The sealed box weighed 9.02 oz per my gram scale. That issue remains unresolved per this post.

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #35 of 47
the postal employee is right about the priority mail not guarantying 2-3 day delivery.

i think this was heavily discussed when it first came out a few years ago and usps's commercials then said something like "2-3 day delivery to most places".

well, at least you learned a lesson and hopefully you don't run into the same issues in the future.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #36 of 47
Friday to Thursday is 4 work days, that is a whooping 1 day later than promised. You must have an agonising 86400 seconds wait. Not to mention that few oz of shipping weight that they cheated you, verified by you NASA calibrated gram scale.

Seriously, get a life. And may be you shouldn't attempt this amp, as you might not be able to bear the emotional strain if it turns out to be a failure. And if it fries your beloved headphone you might blame Pete Millet for his faulty design, and the issue would probably remain unresolved for the rest of your life.

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he thinks he's able to offend or hurt my feelings via an internet forum he's even more deluded than I first thought.

/me farts in your general direction!

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UPS so far has given me not a single problem and I generally get 1-2 packages per week. I know, inefficient as hell, but things come up (and I mess up orders
tongue.gif
).

around my area, UPS is actually pronounced 'OOPS!'. look it up, the audible dictionary actually sez this!

(lol)

its so variable. sometimes fedex is great, other times they are late as hell. usually USPS prio is my fave (!) since it cheap and it IS 3 day delivery. saturday is also a 'day' to them so that makes my weekends sweeter, sometimes. nuthin' better than getting a bundle saturday and being able to breathe the rosin fumes later that same day
wink.gif
wink.gif

what I refuse to tolerate is DHL. horrible.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #42 of 47
^^^See now I had a package of loot shipped to me from Scotland in 3 days flat, using DHL.
I gotta agree, it varies with your location and delivery service. Each person will have different experiences.

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #43 of 47
I have horror stories with FedEx and I've some great experiences with UPS. I think it's probably safe to say all of them can suck and all of them can be great. I just wonder what the average satisfaction is for various scenarios. Something we're never going to get by sharing our little stories! Ah yea, back to my UPS horror story...

I was living on the US East-coast for a while and I sold a couple of heavy audio items (P300 and a CDP). One was sent to MA (IIRC) and the other sent to CA. At least that is what I intended. FedEx got the packages mixed up and sent them each to the other's intended destination. By the time the CDP had travelled coast to coast, about 2 weeks later, it was knackered. In the end FedEx had to pay for it to be repaired, which took another month to get sorted...

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #44 of 47
UPS = Ur Package Stolen.

DHL used to be guaranteed damage when shipping to our warehouse.

In Canada at least, I used to have to deal with shipping 2-3 pallet loads out daily with UPS and Purolator and the damage rates were very low.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerlike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have horror stories with FedEx and I've some great experiences with UPS. I think it's probably safe to say all of them can suck and all of them can be great.

this.
wink.gif

I've read enough forums with posts from all over the world and there is NO consistency. I used to swear by fedex but others report really bad problems. others have good luck with OOPS! and I usually don't.

for this alone, it does not make sense to blacklist a carrier for *outbound* pkgs. they may suck for delivery to you but the destination might actually be in a 'lucky zone' (LOL!).

it really depends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back