My Monster Turbine Pro Copper's are falling apart, and are about to die, please help! Strain Relief and Filters are completely degraded. [SOS] [NSFL] Pictures Inside
Mar 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LulzSec

Head-Fier

First of all i've owned these for 2 years now, and treasure them, use them everyday, and am in love with these. 

The first picture shows the horrible condition of the strain reliefs. It all started with a tiny crack in the left strain relief, fixed up with some super glue, then the right one failed, repeated the repair with super glue. The super glue worked, but the other rings (total there are three rings) cracked.

At a certain point, it was more harm to the IEM's to continue, so i just left it alone. 
Here we are, 2 completely degraded rubber ring strain reliefs on both sides later, i'm down to the last rung.
(the strain reliefs are now movable up and down)

CLOSE UP: http://i.imgur.com/XU7eIFQ.png

These feel extremely fragile and i'm afraid that i'll pull out the wires any day now. 

What do I do? They sound wonderful, and even better than when I first got them.

Onto the next problem, the wire mesh filters in the exit of the drivers. About 1.5 years into owning them, I let a friend use them, a friend who never cleaned his ears, and completely flooded the ear tips and the filter with his ear wax (gross out of my mind). Anyways I got home and cleaned it, took off the wire filters and the paper filter behind it, but the paper filters were no good, so I discarded them. Both stayed on at first with some effort, but the left one fell out after a month of use :frowning2:

Now i'm down to one filtered side, and the other is noticably more harsh (but not by much)

Anyone here have ANY ideas of what to do to salvage my situation?

(Monster discontinued the MTPC's and do not replace the MTPC's for the warranty with another MTPC, instead with a cheaper pair of their new product line... (idiots))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back