My mom guys. (Phone related) lol
Jan 19, 2014 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mach Supremacy

100+ Head-Fier
My mom. Holy ********* Christ. So today she "realized" something and basically screamed at me, spitting in my face out of no where. Ya.

She "just" heard of T-Mobile and it's uncarrier stuff. And she's pissed. I don't even know where to start...

She says that because of this, everyone will have to pay 6-800$ for a phone over the 24 months...okay? She then goes on to say that DUE TO THIS (on one of the smaller carriers) that people will basically be shooting people for any phone at all with internet access. She then brought up the phones we got about 5 years ago (pressure touch screen, limited web activity to pre set sites) and says that prices of any phone with internet access will inflate so much that people will be scrounging their drawers for their legacy devices to sell internationally because "hackers know how to make them work in other countries".

I then proceed to tell her that phones that are locked to carriers in the U.S. don't have the physical radios to work in (she said places like North Korea) Europe or Asia. I got slapped.

I try to tell her that this is only one carrier that is doing this, and it gives most people a good deal. I tell her that you can get a (very) good unlocked non contract android phone for 200-300 dollars. She thinks that's bullsh** because now those prices will skyrocket to 6-7 hundred for not even the best phones.

How this affects me? She says I can't bring my phone to school because "all the black and Mexican minorities that have fancy new phones won't be able to afford them anymore and they'll go stealing others phones rampantly to sell to phone mafias". So ya. She now thinks that we're going to have to go to feature phones because even phones with basic internet access (press android) will be 200 dollars.

Should I ask for help from you guys? What do you think..?

(I really would like to have my phone during the school day I mean for ****s sake) (I could ask my dad to get me a freaking moto g but my mom would flip out)

Thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 8
Is it possible that something else entirely is bothering your Mom? From the way you mentioned your Dad, I'm guessing they aren't together? Is there someone you can talk to that your Mom trusts? Perhaps her sister, brother or very close friend?

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #5 of 8
Did you try and explain to her than other carriers charge $600-700 off contract for their top of the line smartphones, and that T-Mobile is simply splitting their phone subsidy from the regular cell phone bill?
Are you guys on T-Mobile? If not then how would it affect you?

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 8
The thing she's bothered about is she thinks that this is T-Mobile's big scam to get a gazzilion dollars out of consumers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My mom can be like that as well, best just to stick it out and let her be wrong (She wouldn't even let me get a phone till I was 13 for Christs sake, then she gave me her Motorola from 2005).

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #8 of 8
Only $1500? You must not have heard of the Abyss yet. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back