My Modified OTL/32 has arrived!
May 9, 2005 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Yikes

Headphoneus Supremus
On Friday I received my Exemplar Audio MG Head OTL/32 back from Exemplar.(I’ve been to busy listening to bother posting about it until now.) It’s a totally different animal. It’s been playing non stop since Friday night. Music while I’m listening and the XLO burn in disc when I’m not. All of the new wire and caps require breakin.

I’ll do a complete write up on the unit after she’s totally broken in and I have a good handle on the sound. At this point all that I can say is Holly ****! The best amps that I have previously heard with my K1000’s were the Cary CAD-300 SEI and the SLI-80, and this amp now smokes both of them.

I’ll be bringing the amp with me to the NY meet in June. This thing is to good not to share.

May 10, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 5
I'll be very interested to hear more about this. I've been pretty happy with my OTL/32, but I'd like to get it a bit more "souped up" one of these days. For my uses (pre-amp, standard dynamic cans, AKG K1000's), it's a pretty good amp.

May 11, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 5
I checked the sight, and I didn't see much.

Response Audio also offers mods for the ASL OTL-32 for about $600...that's the only one I've seen specifically for the OTL-32.

I'm curious, what did your mods set you back??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back