My modest Tekton Audio 4.1 Speaker Setup
Jun 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #16 of 27
I should have mine come Wednesday, but probably wont be able to post my impressions until Thursday.  I arced a rectifier tube in my SET, so Im waiting on a replacement before I give the Tektons a run.

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #17 of 27
This past Wednesday my Tekton 8.1s arrived.  Theyre pretty darn big for bookshelf speakers, using an 8" Fostex FE207E.  The next thing that got me was how well constructed the cabinets were.  There are no sharp edges, everything is smooth and rounded off.  The cabinets seem to be of much higher quality than lots of speakers costing more than these.  They sound so much smoother than the horns I was running before, and theyre not even broken in yet.  The mids are to die for, the bass has punch, although not as much as you get from a larger speaker.  The highs are very nice and detailed with no harshness.  I could sit and listen to these for hours.  Im powering them with a 3.5WPC SET amp, they do get plenty loud off of such low wattage.  Tekton speakers have to be one of the best bargains in audio.  I think Im going to pick up a pair of smaller Tektons for my desktop computer and run them off of a T-amp :D

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #19 of 27

....and my amp.  I rearranged my area last weekend and put my TV on top of my rack.

EDIT:  Why do we have to jump through hoops and click on a bunch of stuff to post pics now?  It was MUCH easier just adding the

Jul 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #20 of 27
I use a set of Tekton 4.5s as nearfield speakers on my desk as work.  They are as tall as the iMac, and the center of the driver is even with my ear.

I too use a T-amp - mine is a Mardis v.3 mod of the trends unit.

Very nice sound.

Sep 19, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #23 of 27
I stumble across the Tektons and now, I'm now very tempted. To Badassbob, do you think they can handle rock and metal music? I'm using a solid state integrated. Many thanks! 

Sep 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
I stumble across the Tektons and now, I'm now very tempted. To Badassbob, do you think they can handle rock and metal music? I'm using a solid state integrated. Many thanks! 

I havent found them too good for metal.  At lower volumes, theyll handle metal nicely, but we know metal is meant to be played loud.  Larger full range drivers have a tendency to beam under high cone excursion.  I listen to alot of psytrance, ambient psychedelica, classic rock, and light rock....they do great with those.  I think with metal, youll be much better off with a multi-way speaker.

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
ok, in that case I probably look at others. Damn! Do they look good! 

Have a look at the other Tekton speakers.  Eric will custom make you anything you want.  He has some nice 2-way models that just might be what youre looking for.  hes a very good guy to deal with.  Ask him what he would recommend for metal.  Tekton Design has a 30-day return policy...so if youre not happy with them, you can send em back and go back to the drawing board
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back