my modded KSC75, or how to keep your headphones alive...
Oct 22, 2006 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kuroyume

100+ Head-Fier
Well... i love my ksc75, and at the time they are my only headphones, and in my country you just can't find any good headphones for a reasonable price...

so, when i lost one of the earclips, i started looking for solutions...

i grabbed a pair of phillips streetstyles that my brother had laying aroud, took them apart and got to work... after some super glueing, i was left with this:

276604685_c14e23a2c2.jpg

276601650_0a1eda7dd9.jpg

276596849_8b15f5959b.jpg

after that, the plug died... so i also had to replace it...

276607404_ecc76f6fd9.jpg

in the end they still work... and i feel the neckband made them somehow better... i think the extra pressure over the drivers make them fit better... the bass is a bit stronger without getting out of control, the mids feel more powerful and i have heard on at least a couple of songs some details in the highs i had never noticed before...

overall, these headphones continue to suprise me... even after they have died and been raised from the dead...

(sorry for the crappy pictures... it;s all i had...)

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 5
I applaud you on your ingenuity. Any pics with you wearing them?

Oct 23, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 5
You should start a Chilean hi-fi store that sells headphones! You'd be the only game in town, apparently. Why don't you consider ordering used on these forums, if you want higher end stuff at a reasonable price, by the way? Oh, and again, great mod.

Oct 23, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Any pics with you wearing them?

277194631_05e8f29f11.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
You should start a Chilean hi-fi store that sells headphones! You'd be the only game in town, apparently. Why don't you consider ordering used on these forums, if you want higher end stuff at a reasonable price, by the way? Oh, and again, great mod.

mmm... the thing is i don't think there is enough market to support a store... people here dont really care... most people just wear stock buds... ironically, there is a fashion going around of wearing full size, closed, circumaural cans... but people who do that just find the cheapest ones around.. (most common of those in the subway is some technics model...)

If you really look, , you could find some stuff, but the prices are outrageous... after a friend's ibuds died, i convinced him to try something better, since he is a musician... he managed to buy a pair of AKG k24p... for around 60 bucks...

so, i have to keep these ksc75's alive until my next trip to the US... (december...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back